cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
volumnus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,039
Message 1 of 6

y500...What is the 24.9gb hard drive partition for?

Once I updated windows and installed a few basic programs, I tried to do a onekey backup. The default path to store the backup was the D drive. However, the D drive is about 2gb too small to hold the backup image. I stored the backup on the C drive, but the whole reason for a backup is in case the C drive fails, so a backup image stored on the C drive provides very little peace of mind. I guess I should buy a cheap 32gb usb drive and store the backup on there, right? SInce the 24.9gb hard drive is basically pointless, can I just get rid of it. It has a hidden file on it that has a few onekey files on it.

ngazi
Core Memory
Views: 997
Message 2 of 6

Re: y500...What is the 24.9gb hard drive partition for?

It has all of your drivers which are newer than the ones on the website. You should always backup to an external. If the C drive fails so will the D drive because they are all on the same disk.
volumnus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 992
Message 3 of 6

I could save the image to a network drive I guess. Then I could copy it onto a thumb drive if I ever needed to install the backup image?
ngazi
Core Memory
Views: 986
Message 4 of 6

I've never used imaging programs myself but I would imagine it can restore from a network as well.
volumnus
Fanfold Paper
Views: 962
Message 5 of 6

There is a hidden imaging program in Windows 8 you can find by searching for File History. I just wouldn't know where to begin Installing the backup image on a new hard drive.
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 927
Message 6 of 6

Hi
Please dont delete the D drive and resize the partitions(if you would do) as after this one key recovery wont work. Otherwise, you can delete it's data after copying to a relevant location.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors