cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LotusGramarye
Paper Tape
Views: 205
Message 1 of 2

y510p Problem; programs stop responding and computer will not properly shutdown/restart

I just got a refurbished y510p today and have been trying to get it to work, but have been having an issue where, a short while after booting up, any programs I have started will stop responding, and any programs I try to start after that will not.  It will also fail to properly restart or shutdown, stopping at a black screen with the laptop still on until I forcefully shut it down.  From looking into it it seems others with this problem have had success by disabling expresscache and intel rapid start/storage.  I did this and it seemed to fix the problem but it ended up happening again a bit after.  Any ideas?

e: Found another thread where it was suggested to completely uninstall them then restart.  did that and it now works perfectly (knock on wood).  Thanks for including software that renders the machine inoperable, Lenovo.

Guru
Views: 182
Message 2 of 2

Re: y510p Problem; programs stop responding and computer will not properly shutdown/restart

Hey, Its not the software that is rendering your laptop inoperable but your SSD is faulty.

You may want to contact the seller and get a new or replacement SSD.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors