Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ceres
Paper Tape
Views: 592
Message 1 of 4

y510p charger making crackling sounds

Hi there!

I noticed that my power cord for my laptop has started making crackling sounds which has me a bit worried. My computer charges and operates fine still with the cord plugged in, but I am wondering if this means the charger is going to give out soon or something. I have had this laptop for about a year now and this has just started recently (since maybe a week ago?) The sound is coming from the brick from what I can hear, not the connection to my computer.

Thanks in advance.

edit: Just to add... it only crackles when plugged into my laptop.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 562
Message 2 of 4

Re: y510p charger making crackling sounds

Hi Ceres,

Welcome to the Forums.

As per the query we understood that you facing issue with charger making noise in your Lenovo Y510p laptop.

Try to plug it to different power socket and check for the issue, also check with different adapter if possible, and also with different power cable.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Ceres
Paper Tape
Views: 554
Message 3 of 4

Hi Smiley Happy Thanks for the welcome!

I tried plugging it into another power socket and it is much quieter. I can barely hear it at all. I also tried the socket I was using at home and plugged a power bar into it and then the charger into that, which is much quieter as well. I think the issue is with the socket I am using by my desk.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 541
Message 4 of 4

Hi Ceres

Thanks for the reply,

Yes this might be issue with the socket near your desk, can please reconfirm by connecting to the same socket and also connect to the different socket.

Hope this helps. Do post back if the issue persists!                                                   

Best regards,                                                          

Ashwin. S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors