Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jasu
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,687
Message 1 of 8

y510p issues

So, my y510p is having really anoying problem. 

Sometimes computer works fine (really rarely) but usually it just doesnt start.

I need to press powerbutton atleast 50 times until it finally start, and when it starts the screen is just blinking black and keys are blinking too, the problem becoming more general when it gets "cold" (Cold = normal indoor temperature 22 celsius) it also takes ages to get windows screen

I have already visited warranty with my laptop and it was there 1.5 months, and they changed keyboard (why?!?!) and send it back, they said that they run some tests without any problems. Then i got my computer back, NOTHING CHANGED, same problems and all, what should i do?! 

I have already soft-reseted, reseted bios and reseted whole system, nothing works! 

Could you please be in touch with the store i bought it from, because I want my money back for not-working laptop worth 1200e in my country. They said that i need to send my computer back to warranty, for another 1.5 month journey (what is over what they promised, they said 10-15 workdays) 

PLEASE HELP ME! anything but not another warranty trip! I also have very good video of the problem if you want me to send it to you. Smiley Frustrated

My model is the one with 750M and 24gb ssd cache.

Jasu
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,636
Message 2 of 8

Re: y510p issues

up, i need help!!!! Lenovo you are just ignoring this, please answer..

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,630
Message 3 of 8

@Jasu wrote:

up, i need help!!!! Lenovo you are just ignoring this, please answer..

First of all I think you should know that the forum is participated by owners of units and some staff from Lenovo. Here is the message at the topmost of the community forum page in case you miss it: "Welcome to Lenovo's Discussion Community!  Please note OUR GUIDELINES when posting.
This is a peer-to-peer support community.  Please participate and share your experience and expertise with others."

Now back to your problem. Can you described in detail the problem? What have you done so far to resolve the issue?

I do not represent Lenovo but I'll try to help you but I can't guarantee that a solution will be reached. The only entity that gives that guarantee is Lenovo.

Jasu
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,607
Message 4 of 8

I already told my problem in 1 post, i dont know how to explain it better than that. Computer just doesnt start easily and got problems while trying to get to windows, like screen and keyboard blinking. I think the problem is in the mainboard, but warranty didnt do anything. I dont know what to do anymore, because i dont want to send this again to warranty, if its useless. The shop didnt want to refund my money, so im f**ked up..

LenBlazer
Bit Torrent
Views: 5,609
Message 5 of 8

Here are my recommendations based on what you have reported in the first post (this may not completely solve your problem):

Power button:

Change the function by going to power option in the control panel. On the left menu click "choose what the power button do". You might want to change the option from "When I press the power button: Sleep" to "When I press the power button: Shutdown"

This way you won't be pressing the power button so many times to get the unit started up.

Try running under command prompt with admin rights (without the quotation mark): sfc /scannow.

This is to check for system corrupt files.

If the result says that it can't removed or repair .... try running this command under command prompt with admin rights: dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth  or Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

wikidest6666
Punch Card
Views: 5,556
Message 6 of 8

try updating you intel rapid storage tehcnology driver.

Jasu
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 5,513
Message 7 of 8

actually it helped a bit, i runned tests and it found problems, I watch couple weeks to see if its 100% fixed now, thank you so much for your help!

Saman22
Blue Screen Again
Views: 878
Message 8 of 8

HI my problem is when I turn on my laptop when the lenevo logo comes up after 5sec screen goes black then again the lenovo logo appear and this repeat again and again what should i do. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors