Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rukenau
Paper Tape
Views: 640
Message 1 of 14

y510p multiple problems

hey everyone.

i received my second y510p this week. first one was changed because of overheating while system is idle and lcd flickering problems. 

so i have a new one, i upgraded it to w8.1 and everything was going fine.

today i changed vga settings to sli via nvidia settings. and then everything started to go bad. my keyboard goes inefective after booting up windows. i looked from forums and did the "easy accesibility" thing and that didnt wok for me.  meanwhile, whenever i restart the device, it stays for an unlimited time with black screen, and sometimes ultrabay fan goes very high. i am obliged to unplug battery and AC voltage to restart it. but after waiting for a long time, starting up does not occour as it has to be. leds light up, fans work but screen is dark. 

i looked up these subjects on the forum but none of them solves my problem. please guys, i really have to solve this problem. 

flashing new released vbios update does not work for me. 

all of these problems were present at the 1st laptop. 

guyz please help me, this thimg is killing me..

Moderator Note; subject edited.

eaglespeed
Blue Screen Again
Views: 596
Message 2 of 14

Re: y510p multiple problems

I really don`t know what to tell you apart from trying to return it and demand a refund, I`ve had my y500 for more than a year now and it still shows problems, bought 2nd gtx 650 and it won`t work, and now the laptop won`t charge the battery, my warranty is over so there is nothing I can do about it, anyway sli should work after you flashed to the latest vga bios, try removing the 2nd graphic card, remove the battery and ac power and hold the power botton for 20 seconds then reconnect the ac power and the battery without the 2nd gpu, see if this works lets just hope the vga bios didn`t get corrupted for the first gpu. I love my y500 but this is the last time I purchase a lenovo. good luck

rukenau
Paper Tape
Views: 581
Message 3 of 14

i restored to a backup, didn't solved the problem. so i go for a hard reset. with win8, both cards work normal, but when i update to 8.1 everything goes bad. i just updated to win8.1 but didn't made any system or driver changes, waiting for a solution..

AND, i hope mods do read this, i HATE lenovo, but this laptop configs **bleep** too good to give it back so if anyone knows anything, please tell me

thnx

AGriggs
Punch Card
Views: 561
Message 4 of 14

Which Nvidia driver version do you use? Have you tried rolling it back to original driver from factory?
rukenau
Paper Tape
Views: 524
Message 5 of 14

driver vers. 9.18.13.3489

had a hard reset, updated to 8.1 updated nvidia drivers and i now i have same issues as OP. 

btw, dear lenovo; thank you for not caring your costumers..

kylen
Punch Card
Views: 509
Message 6 of 14

Just a random question, if you are fine on Win8 and get problems after you update to 8.1, why update?
rukenau
Paper Tape
Views: 506
Message 7 of 14

i dunno, why use older when there is newer? didnt think about it Smiley Happy

and i guess problem is geforce drivers. on stock 8.1 and stock drivers, sli and keyboard works normal.. just expected driver update problems in games, like lags. 

still not able to use nvflash.bat

kylen
Punch Card
Views: 497
Message 8 of 14

I think there was a huge post regarding problems with Windows 8.1 and SLI models. I don't have SLI model of my y410p, so I don't have these issues, but I think sitting on Win8 over Win 8.1 solves the problem until new drivers are fixed.
eaglespeed
Blue Screen Again
Views: 490
Message 9 of 14

did you try to revert to windows 8 instead of windows 8.1, I don`t think its a nvidia driver issue, but is the 2nd card detected or not, or is it showing zero load when gaming or in furmark benchmark?

rukenau
Paper Tape
Views: 474
Message 10 of 14

i am not sure it is possible to revert win8 from win8.1 so i havent try it.

device manager shows no faults, nvidia control panel says i use sli. but when it comes to furmark, 2nd card load is zero. at nvidia control panel, "show 3d visual window(im not sure about translation)" under 3d settings is selected. playing splinter cell: blacklist, i see bar at the left moving from -about- %0-10 to a max of %70-80. i feel both cards' fans working.
if i decrease video settings, bar at left goes up if i increase video levels, it goes down. doesn't it have to be vice versa?

and any ideas for keyboard? do you know any relation between sli and keyboard?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors