Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
keeganapodaca
Paper Tape
Views: 955
Message 1 of 6

y510p ram is full message..please help

First post so correct me if this is the wrong forum.

okay so i bought a Lenovo Y510P 4 days ago. The laptop is amazing and i love it execpt for one proble,... while playing games i get a message about every 5 minutes saying that my ram is full and to exit out of the game

i have my virtual memory setting set to No page file for both of the things that i could change the setting to (there were only two different things in the virtual memory options which where Windows 8 and (lenovo)).

what should i set windows 8 and Lenovos virutal memory usage to? i thought i was suppost to select no page file but that has not worked. please help, also i am very new to PCs and laptopl in general so please try to explain for a dummy lol 

I have seen alot of others with this same problem but cant find a answer that has worked 

i have 8gb of ram and while gaming 60 percent of it is being used so i know its not full

Guru
Views: 938
Message 2 of 6

Re: y510p ram is full message..please help

Try using the same in-game resolution as the desktop resolution.

example - If your desktop is set to 1980*1080 res then game resolution should also be 1920*1080, else you will get memory leaks and RAM will get full.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
oledcrt
Token Ring
Views: 924
Message 3 of 6

Unless you have tons and tons of RAM, you probably shouldn't select no page file.  I have a Y580 with 8GB of RAM, and I set my page file to the same amount as the physical memory (8192 MB).  Try that and see if it solves the problem.  Otherwise you could try choosing system managed size, but I tend not to do that because whenever the page file needs expanding, it's when the system is under considerable load, and the act of expanding the page file just makes the system lag even more.

By the way... set the page file to 8192 MB on the Windows8 partition, not the LENOVO one.

keeganapodaca
Paper Tape
Views: 904
Message 4 of 6

Should I set that for the minimum and maximum for windows 8? And what should I set for lenovo?
Guru
Views: 899
Message 5 of 6

Just check out these settings in the screenshot.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
oledcrt
Token Ring
Views: 833
Message 6 of 6

Yes, set it for minimum and maximum.  Keep Lenovo set to no page file.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors