Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Subito
Paper Tape
Views: 1,188
Message 11 of 18

Re: y510p windows 10 drivers help

Lenovo abandoned its Y510P customer base.

We were left unsupported with a very hig-end hardware platform that still rivals most new laptops.

Win10 upgrades created a succession of issues that made the laptop sluggish, buggy and finally inoperable.

Suggesting us to stick with Win 8.1 is laughable.

This is my 4th and last Lenovo product.

Jokertn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,128
Message 12 of 18

i have also big problem with lenovo y510p, 

since last week, the mouse inegrated in the laptop stopped working, i tried all possible solutions, i scanned the pc drivers, i made a reinstal for the hole laptop with windows 10 and nothing changed, the keyboard now not working,problems are accumulating, 

i don't know what to do 

help please

Subito
Paper Tape
Views: 1,098
Message 13 of 18

From my (bad) experience, I strongly suggest you backup eerything you have that is important, make a list of apps that need to be reinstalled, then use Lenovo's One Key Recovery to go back to Win 8.1 and see what heppens.

Jokertn
Paper Tape
Views: 1,086
Message 14 of 18

that's really bad experience, 

i was using windows 10 without any problem i don't know how it happened but the mouse was blocked, i made every possible solution but nothing has changed, i ended up with formatting my PC with win 10 and i scannedit with lenovo scan app and it says every thing is ok, but when i check mouse propreties i don't find elan or anything,

spider0001
What's DOS?
Views: 984
Message 15 of 18

I've been using windows 10 since its release. Got the free upgrade from 8.1 to Windows 10. I wrote down the CD key, completly erased everything on the drives and did a fresh install.

I never had any issues with Windows10.

Windows 10 downloads drivers automatically. You just have to manually download the intel and nvida applications if you want to change some settings, but windows 10 still updates those drivers(it forces you).

The only issue I have is that when I use all 3 USB ports, the mouse lags horribly and I have to use the touchpad. Anyone else?

With Ubuntu, there is a problem with the audio, It plays less loud then Windows 10. It takes a little bit of work to fix it, nothing crazy.

Subito
Paper Tape
Views: 970
Message 16 of 18

My laptop came with Nvidia GT750M. GForce Experience software does not update the driver (runs, runs for a few minutes then decides the update is not possible). If I download the new driver directly from the Nvidia website it also does not update. Apparently Lenovo simply turned its attention away from the IdeaPad product line. Y510P has everything to be a great product, even 3 yrs later, except driver support!

My full reinstall fixed a lot of issues. The 24GB cache card went bad and was responsible for making the computer very slow.

Highlighted
Robinsonx1
What's DOS?
Views: 667
Message 17 of 18

I disagree, with this thread being called solved when there is not display driver update for the Win 10 OS on the Y510P laptop.  I just got a Nvidia update game ready driver this month for the video card and still no display driver update for the screen to change the color depth or use the gpu for Phys X.  I'll consider this thread solved when there is a new driver for Win 10 OS for this laptop, thanks.

NLxDoDge
Blue Screen Again
Views: 417
Message 18 of 18

When I heard that windows 10 was out I bought an samsung ssd, replaced one 4Gb stick with an 8Gb stick, and changed my windows 8 key to a windows 10 key with the support of microsoft.

I also never installed drivers or what not from Lenovo, the default windows 10 driver search works really good, mousepad and such all works. Even after roughly 6 years of owning this laptop.

And it runs quite well now, I only have bluescreens after I do an express installation of the nvidia drivers (To fix this click advanced, and click fresh install).

For the person above me, these are my settings that I always had. Never changed when going from windows 8.1 to windows 10.
nvidia 1.jpgNvidia options Y510P Dutch version

The only thing I still don't understand is that the Wifi chip is BIOS blocked Smiley Mad

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors