Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krystian2409
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,217
Message 1 of 6

y550 - kinds of memory, maximum bandwidth

Hello!

It's me again. Earlier I got problem with an unknown driver, but it was solved. Now I would like to improve performance of my:

Lenovo IdeaPad Y550

Intel Mobile Core 2 Duo P7350

KIWB1 PM45 rev.07 82801IM (ICH9-M) rev.03

2x 2GB DDR3 Samsung (by CPU-Z)

Memory max bandwidth (by CPU-Z): PC3-8500F (533 MHz)

NVIDIA GeForce GT 130M

I give the main components of my notebook to better recognize what is this a model. I would like to increase amount of RAM. From what I read in lenovo page I can have max 8 GB RAM. Ok, I get it. I read about choosing memory according to maximum bandwidth and that which CPU-Z shows me is above. But I wonder what this F mean? If that what I read from superuser.com is true, then I need to look for the same bandwidth, with F at the end. But I'm not sure. That is why I please for support.

What is the meaning of s, f or u and what are the difference between these letters?

Second question, if we can solve problem above, is about maximum bandwidth. I read some topics in this forum and from one I got page from kingston where are shown memorys. So I choose my notebook and see that : kingston memory. From this page I can see that maximum bandwidth I could choose to my new RAM is 1333MHz. But is this true? It would be nice to have more efficient RAM's, I have now 1066MHz but in lenovo page I have not noticed such informations.

Can I have RAM's with maximum bandwidth 1333MHz?

Regards,

Krystian Hoppa

krystian2409
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,156
Message 2 of 6

Re: y550 - kinds of memory, maximum bandwidth

I hope that someone qualified from Lenovo support will answer my questions. I am still waiting with buying new RAM's.

krystian2409
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,113
Message 3 of 6

Still no answer. Please Lenovo technicians, help me in this problem.
Guru
Views: 1,089
Message 4 of 6

According to Crucial this should be compatible:
http://www.crucial.com/upgrade/Lenovo-memory/IdeaPad/IdeaPad+Y550+(All+Types)-upgrades.html

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

krystian2409
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,075
Message 5 of 6

If this is the only way to find it out, then I will accept it as a solution. But I'm disappointed of Lenovo support technicians.
Thanks jonas!
krystian2409
Fanfold Paper
Views: 851
Message 6 of 6

So I bought at last 8GB ram sodimm (2x 4GB) - and I can say that lenovo doesn't support RAM's from "dolphin" manufacturer. What a shame .. I can't believe it, all other laptops with max 8GB memory don't have problems with that manufacturer. It works with Hynix, Samsung, Goodram .. and I think many others, but didn't tested.

So good manufacturer, "dolphin" .. 1066MHz cl7 .. and it doesn't work .. pff.

Thread can be closed.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors