02-16-2010 12:51 AM - edited 02-16-2010 01:19 AM
02-16-2010 09:09 AM
click start, type cmd ( run as administrator ) type " chkdsk /r f "
restart your system to scan for errors and attempts for correcting them.
if this doesn't work, re-assign the usb drive name something else
for this, right click my computer > manage > disk management > usb drive "letter" > right click assing letter for drive
02-18-2010 06:22 AM - edited 02-18-2010 06:27 AM
to remove and reinstall all usb controllers, follow these steps:
- click start, click run, type sysdm.cpl in the open box, and then click ok.
- click the hardware tab.
- click the device manager button.
- expand universal serial bus controllers.
- right click every device under the universal serial bus controllers node, and then click uninstall to remove them one at a time.
- restart the computer, and then reinstall the usb controllers.
- plug in the removable usb storage device, and then test to make sure that the issue is resolved.
if this doesn't solve, please let me know the error number on log?
re-installing the system may fix your issue unless it is not hardware problem ( hdd problem )