Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnneK
Paper Tape
Views: 1,886
Message 1 of 7

y560 black screen problem

I have a problem with my y560. It works ok in the safe mode, but when I try to turn it on normally, the lenovo thing appears, the Windows says that it's starting and then the screen goes black. I hear the notebook working, but the display doesn't show anything. I tried to connect an external monitor but it goes black the same second the display does. I even tried the OneKey Recovery thingy, but the only thing that happened is that now the Windows starts in English. Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong with it?

countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,848
Message 2 of 7

Re: y560 black screen problem

Hi,

if the laptop is in warranty,contacting Lenovo support would be best,

as it could be a hardware issue.

Re your OKR do you mean that you restored the system to factory settings?

İf so did you choose English as language?

That would account for the change,

AnneK
Paper Tape
Views: 1,820
Message 3 of 7

Yeah, to factory settings, but it didn't ask me to choose a language at all. English isn't really the problem here.
I'm going to contact them and hope it will be okay. Thank you for your help and time Smiley Happy
countrywise
Broadband 3G
Views: 1,817
Message 4 of 7

You're welcome Anne,

yeah that's best.Smiley Happy:

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,790
Message 5 of 7

open your laptops RAM and CPU and HEATSINK fan bay then take out the heatsing take a small penny coin and keep it on the ati graphic chip then assemble the heatsin and fan. this might solve the problem for you but it worked perfectly for me

Ishaan
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
drkossvet
What's DOS?
Views: 1,472
Message 6 of 7

Go to devices

uninstal the graphics card

reboot

go to devices

ask to find graphics card drivers (update ot internet)

allow to install and reboot

Hope it worked

ax5636
Paper Tape
Views: 891
Message 7 of 7

hi, i just had this problem with my y560. I think I found the cure. works for my y560d.

1) uninstall the lenovo power manager & change power setting to 'power saver'.

2) reboot using battery only (f you never touch the battery power setting, it may work)

3) if restart using battery works, open power manager and changed all 'plug in' setting follow same as 'battery' settings. 

if restart using battery doesn't work, change all battery & plug-in setting to maximum power saver including PCI express & ATI grapic. 

this will stop the overheating ...

good luck.....unfortunately i already lost all my windows setting due to reinstall windows 7 & 8 but reinstall doesnt changed anything......

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors