Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jojocw
Paper Tape
Views: 987
Message 1 of 2

y560 new hard drive partition problem

Hi, I am not an expert to this stuff. But for my y560 laptop, i bought a new hitachi 500GB , 7200rpm harddisk.

I put that into the laptop and putin the windows 7 recovery disc.

then when turned on, there is a windows loading file black screen. Then comes the windows install pages.

i click click click and then it comes to a page where it lists a "Disk 0 unallocated Space" of size ard 465GB.

I know there are some mysterious tweaks for this y560 type laptops (e.g. hidden partition / recovery partition / NTFS / something to do with that) . It does not allow me to click "Next" as it says something like "system can not find correct partition , please chk log etc)

How I should change this new harddisk first before I can proceed ? I am guessing this new harddisk needed to be partitioned exactly to the same sizes as the default inorder to proceed.

Also check on forums that playing around with these partitioning will lose the 1-key recovery which i dun think is helping me at all as i m trying to install a completely new hdd as my old one is dead. I read abt something like burning hdd images etc but i have no idea wt i m reading.

Please generously advice as this is such a pain to me

Thanks a whole lot

Victor

Retired Guru
Views: 971
Message 2 of 2

Re: y560 new hard drive partition problem

The "windows 7 recovery disc" you are using,
was that created by you from the laptop previously?

It sounds more like a standard Windows disk...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors