Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 784
Message 41 of 90

Re: y560p with moving pixel troubleshooting

Q.- Another thing, after installing the drivers, it appears that it joined the 750gig HDD and the 32gig SSD [RapidDrive] that I installed Windows on. Is this how it should be done? Can anyone describe to me exactly how the software works, how it combines the drivers, and what the additional software does? It almost appears that it has joined both drives to just be one drive [C:]. Is this correct? How do I install programs and software to just the SSD [Rapiddrive] for faster loading?
A.- The two drives are combined into one single virtual drive C:/.  The OS is installed in the SSD to ensure fast booting.  The same applies to any other software the user installs, it will be loaded into the SSD until the drive is full.  Once the SSD is full, any other software or data will be loaded into the HDD.  Because the two drives are virtually combined into one C:/ drive, it is not possible to choose between the SSD or HDD at the time of saving data in the virtual drive.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Q.- If it merges the drives together, what is the point of the SSD [rapiddrive]? What decided what programs and code get puts on what drive? Is it just a normal RAID 0 configuration or does it actually handle how it puts data?
A.- The SSD drive allows for a fast boot process of the system.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Q.- The SSD [RapidDrive] isn't really an issue, just want to know how it works with Windows so I can take advantage of hardware that I've paid for. With Linux, I can write /boot and / to the 32gig SSD [RapidDrive] then put my other parts on the HDD because they are accessed less, which makes sense
A.- Combining the two drives into one virtual drive is only supported in Windows with a Lenovo preload.

wischerz
Paper Tape
Views: 780
Message 42 of 90

HI,

ist there any solution jet for the Problem whit the display?

wischerz
Paper Tape
Views: 754
Message 43 of 90

Hi,

so as it looks like there is no solution for this problem or?

I was relly hoping to see a solution for this problem bekaus i relly like this nootbook

Please post an answer for this.

Thanks.

mnlghtknight
Blue Screen Again
Views: 732
Message 44 of 90

Re: Lenovo y560p dancing pixels again!!!

No solution to this problem yet? I have a y560p and I have dancing pixels around grey colors and I have updated to the latest drivers as of 5/24. I really don't want to return this computer because I like it, but the dancing pixels is a strange problem that will annoy me too much in the long run.... BTW still no bios updates for the y560p Smiley Sad Anyone have a solution for this yet?

wischerz
Paper Tape
Views: 727
Message 45 of 90

It looks like there is no answer, or they dont have anny interes for this Problem. its relly sad.

mnlghtknight
Blue Screen Again
Views: 722
Message 46 of 90

well thanks for the reply hopefully they will ship out a bios update that will fix the problem for the y560p as well.. funny how this topic is not related to the threads

longbowzz
Paper Tape
Views: 681
Message 47 of 90

I have this issue too. The dancing pixels appear in the whole screen.

I also find that if y560p resume from hibernation, the pixels would be gone! I don't know if it is caused by the temperature. If I restart the laptop, the pixels would return back.

The dancing pixels are too many to let me ignore them in desktop.

Hope some one from lenovo high level can notice this issue, and fix it ASAP.

BTW, when will the bios updated for y560p? It seems Y560 has the same issue but aleady fixed by Bios upgrade.

longbowzz
Paper Tape
Views: 677
Message 48 of 90

I found the flashy pixels gone if I set ATI powerplay settings to 'Maximize battery life' . 

If I change it back to 'Maximize performance', the pixels would come back again.

It seems the GPU hardware issue...

longbowzz
Paper Tape
Views: 543
Message 49 of 90

Y560p flashy pixels when using AC adapter

Not only the dancing pixel issue on gray image, I have another more serious display problem.

I found lots of flashy pixels/ flickering dots all over the screen, they are moving/jumping when the screen update.

I also found a fact: They are gone when I am using battery, and they are back when I am using AC adaper.

I think this issue relates to the ATI powerplay settings.

When using AC adapter, If I set ATI powerplay settings to 'Maximize battery life' , the issue is gone. 

If I change it back to 'Maximize performance', the pixels would come back again.

It seems the GPU hardware issue...

Is this a widespread issue just like 'dancing pixel'  or it only appears on my brandnew Y560p?

broken image links removed

longbowzz
Paper Tape
Views: 538
Message 50 of 90

Re: Y560p flashy pixels when using AC adapter

No reply?

No one has this issue?

I am so sad...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors