Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cornerstone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 436
Message 1 of 12

y570 connected to projector

When connecting the Y570 to a projector, it will only allow us to set the resolution of the 2nd display (projector) as high as the laptop display 1366x768.  (choosing the extended display option)

There are a couple of higher resolution options, but when chosen, the screen goes black. 

We have turned on the switchable graphics and set the default to the graphics card.

When I go into the Nvidia Control panel, there are only tasks for "3D settings" and "Video".  According to its Control Panel Help, there should also be a "Display" task. 

The display driver is current NVIDIA GeForce GT 555M driver version 8.17.12.6844

It really seems like there is something missing here - and that Lenovo has restricted the system in an

incomprehensible way.  Why on earth would you put a 1GB graphic card in a laptop, but then also put in integrated graphics that is a default?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 435
Message 2 of 12

Re: y570 connected to projector

hi cornerstone

please; take a look at the document below first. it may help you to solve the issue.

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-and-U-series-Laptops/Y570-TV-Overscan-and-No-Blu-ray-TV-Picture...

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
cornerstone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 432
Message 3 of 12

nope, that won't work. we need to use 'extended display' mode. It is for a church that uses a program where you have the operating part of the program on the laptop and the display part shows up on the projected screen.
cornerstone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 429
Message 4 of 12

we've always been able to do this with our previous laptops...dell...hp
This is the first time we've had display issues like this
velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 417
Message 5 of 12

The drivers you're using are the best for your card try these 285.79 drivers I'm not 100% sure seeing I no longer own a Y570 but I'm pretty sure there was an extended display option. But even though I could be wrong, can't you go into control panel and select Display and then select connect to a projector, after selecting this you should see a extend option.

cornerstone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 412
Message 6 of 12

Oh, I can do extended display, it just won't let the projector's display go any higher than the laptop's resolution. The option is there, but when I choose it, the projector screen goes black. I should be able to use the projector's highest resolution
velenoso666
802.11n
Views: 409
Message 7 of 12

Did you try to see if those drivers make a difference?

cornerstone
Fanfold Paper
Views: 398
Message 8 of 12

can't try it yet - we only have access to the projector for three hours on Sunday mornings...so it's not like I can troubleshoot it live.
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 386
Message 9 of 12

if you are using vga cable, search for the options at the intel display manager.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
asaleh
Fanfold Paper
Views: 384
Message 10 of 12

also troubleshoot by setting the project as default display (single) or extended as a secondary display. the problem can occur if you dublicate to where you see same screen on both laptop and projector (which may refuse to go above the laptop)

im guessing its not graphics card because this should work with intel card with tons more resolutions (find a native to the projector size?)

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors