cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sfairat
802.11n
Views: 9,451
Message 1 of 53

y570 sound problems (some annoying noise)

Good day. I've bought my y570 nearly a month ago, and after a week of using it, I noticed that it continuously makes some strange noise. It wasn't really loud, but in headphones it could be heared quite clearly, so it was a bit annoying. I studied this issue a little, and found out these facts: it has a constant volume, which is not dependent on system volume (hovewer, turning volume to zero disables the noise), also, the noise was present only when there was some network activity over wifi.

I was afraid that it was a hardware problem, but eventually I've found out another "solution" - uninstalling realtek hd audio drivers and using default windows drivers solved the problem.

Also, a couple of days ago it started to make another kind of noise - this time, it makes noise every two-three seconds, and the noise lasts several milliseconds. This noise can be disabled uninstalling realtek drivers or muting system volume, but turning off wifi does not work for it.

Both kinds of noises start only after I log in windows account.

As you can understand, muting the volume or turning wifi off during the moments, when I want to listen to something isn't actually a solution.Uninstalling realtek drivers and using standard windows drivers instead of it also isn't an ideal solution - it seems that without them I can't access SRS settings & some other features.

So, I would like to know some kind of a solution, such that realtek drivers will work without making any noise.

My OS is Windows 7, all the drivers are the latest drivers available at lenovo drivers download center. I haven't checked if the problem exists on other operating systems; bios version is also the latest.

I would really appreciate your help.

GreatCornMuffin
Fanfold Paper
Views: 9,412
Message 2 of 53

Re: y570 sound problems (some annoying noise)

I noticed it too, but I may have found something to lessen the buzzing, if not remove it completely:

1) Plug in your headphones

2) Open the Realtek HD Audio Manger

3) On the right side of the panel, under ANALOG, right click on the Green input (where your headphones are connected) and choose "Connector Retasking..."

4) Change from "Headphones" to "Line Out"

Try that and let me know if that works for you.

Sfairat
802.11n
Views: 9,405
Message 3 of 53

Thank you. It doen't completely remove the buzzing, but it significantly lessens it.Though, it still can be heared in headphones when there's no music/any other sounds being played.

Perhaps there are any other ideas?

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 9,402
Message 4 of 53

Neithy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,960
Message 5 of 53

Y570 noice in headphone jack

Hello, i have problem with headphone jack.

Theres really annoying static noice even when system volume is muted. When system is in power saving mode noice is quiet but when set to max pefromance sound get louder and when playing 3D games it gets even louder. Is that hardware malfuncion or is it fixable in BIOS/drivers?

Tried latest realtek drivers and win7 driver, neither helps.

Highlighted
MrEngenious
Fanfold Paper
Views: 8,941
Message 6 of 53

Re: Y570 noice in headphone jack

Open the realtek audio manager with the headphones plugged in. Then look on the right side under Analog where there are the two circles representing the jacks. Double-click on the headphone jack (which is the only one with saturated color assuming a microphone isn't plugged in as well) and select "Line Out" instead of "Headphone". This will not adversely affect sound quality (as far as I can tell) and it will remove/dampen the static. I don't know why this works, but it did for me.
Sfairat
802.11n
Views: 8,937
Message 7 of 53

Do you have the same problem as described there?

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/y570-sound-problems-some-annoying-noise/td-...

I haven't found a solution for this yet, except uninstalling realtek drivers, but method described in previous post helped a little. I also still haven't tried to install these drivers http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Unofficial-Realtek-Audio-Driver-R254-SRS-Pre... , though installing them was suggested as probable solution for this problem.

Neithy
Blue Screen Again
Views: 8,925
Message 8 of 53

Neither using windows driver or realtek with setting help. I dont think its in drivers because that noice is there even when booting before windows gets in. Same noice problem in linux too...

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 8,910
Message 9 of 53

hardware issue. call lenovo support line to ship your laptop back to service.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
ilkhanipourk
Paper Tape
Views: 8,875
Message 10 of 53

Lenovo Y570 - Static Noise in Headphones

I've done some searching and have seen multiple threads regarding this issue.  I've tried uninstalling my current Realtek HD driver and installing the latest one (2.65) but I still hear the static noise.  I also heard the static noise with the current Realtek HD driver that's on Lenovo's official support website.  Can anyone help me with this matter? I have a Lenovo Y570.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors