Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 2,669
Message 11 of 53

Re: Lenovo Y570 - Static Noise in Headphones

do you hear the same noise with headphones?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Highlighted
DarkDvr
What's DOS?
Views: 2,575
Message 12 of 53

Re: Y570 noice in headphone jack

Switching the headphone out to "Line Out" does help, but doesn't eliminate the noise.

Noise is not related to Windows Realtek driver (noise is there even at BIOS POST screen), and reinstalling the driver didn't work.

Laptop is brand new, just got it.

Sounds like a hardware issue. I will try service center, and if this can't be fixed - I will return this laptop and get full refund. This annoying static is unacceptable in modern laptops.

LENOVO - FIX THIS NOW or it's return for a refund.

SymGym
What's DOS?
Views: 2,428
Message 13 of 53

Same problem here.  Sound is worse than an mp3 player from the dollar store.  I have updated the drivers and in between having the old driver removed and the new installed the hiss/scratching was still there so I don't think it's the drivers.

Unfortunately I beleive this is unfixable Smiley Sad

mrvol84
Paper Tape
Views: 1,946
Message 14 of 53

Y570 audio issue

Hello everyone, I'm new to this board and I have a concern with the Y570 unit I purchased about a month ago. The issue involves the audio playback while surfing the web and listening to music, specifically while streaming audio or video from sites like Youtube, as well as when I interchange websites on the browser. I normally get about 2-3 seconds of what seems to be a static like robotic sound. I'm on wi-fi as well, not sure if that has anything to do with it. I'm normally using my on board speakers with the Realtek sound card when this happens, but the problem also seems to entirely ruin the connection between my external sound card (whenever in use), to the point that I have to disconnect the usb cable and re-connect it for it to work. Anyone else having these problems? aside from that everything else seems to be working just fine. I know about the driver updates but i'm not sure which ones to get, and I also know that Lenovo hasnt really updated their list. Thanks for your time!

knmak
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,925
Message 15 of 53

Re: Y570 audio issue

Hi, i had exactly the same issue too.  I called the tech support and their suggestion is "since you just got your laptop within 21 days, please contact post-sales department to exchange for another one".  The thing is I don't want to wait for another few weeks to get a new laptop.  If anyone find a solution please let us know.

Thank you

Divided
Fanfold Paper
Views: 2,306
Message 16 of 53

The hard drive is right next to the headphone port. It's probably producing Electro-magnetic-interference (EMI) with the port since I don't get static out of the speakers and hard drives produce the most EMI of all computer devices. Why they chose to stick them right next to each other is very odd...

If anyone knows of a way to help better ground the hard drive with a good EMI shield, that might eliminate the problem. Or you could buy a usb audio dongle or get a SSD that won't produce the EMI, while using the USB3.0 port for an external hard drive storage.

geo_lion03
Punch Card
Views: 2,794
Message 17 of 53

Re: y570 sound problems (some annoying noise)

please someone to help me , i have the same problem and is very annoying Smiley Sad. someone found a solution , or is hardware problem?

geo_lion03
Punch Card
Views: 2,067
Message 18 of 53

i think i found the problem , but i don t know if a new driver will fix this .. the problem comes from wi fi card , if you turn the wi fi switch off , you will see that almost all the noise are gone. try it and give me a sign if this work for you also.

geo_lion03
Punch Card
Views: 2,774
Message 19 of 53

i think i found the problem , but i don t know if a new driver will fix this .. the problem comes from wi fi card , if you turn the wi fi switch off , you will see that almost all the noise are gone. try it and give me a sign if this work for you also.

geo_lion03
Punch Card
Views: 2,616
Message 20 of 53

it s strange but seams that this driver worked for me , after i install it the stuttering was all gone , and the sound is clear , i have tryed all version start with the last and this one had a clear sound , strange but its work .http://drivers.softpedia.com/get/SOUND-CARD/REALTEK/Asrock-H67M-GE-Realtek-HD-Audio-Driver-253.shtml 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors