cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fletchman1313
Not applicable
Views: 2,407
Message 41 of 53

Re: y570 sound problems (some annoying noise)

Wow, thanks Divided.  That makes a lot of sense.  

Is the noise problem bad for you?  If it is, maybe tweaking the EQ to reduce the highs makes it more bearable.  

(my two cents as a sound engineer)

geo_lion03
Not applicable
Views: 2,401
Message 42 of 53

for me is even the wi fi interfering with . but the hard also ... so we can go to a service and ask to shielding the source of the EMI and connecting it to ground ? i think a norml user can t do that at home  , no?

geo_lion03
Not applicable
Views: 2,328
Message 43 of 53

so wow , i downloaded the new driver from realteck site is a new release on December , and the noise sounds are now more ok , the noise sound is audible only very slow when external speakers are set to the maximum level , but it seams that if i change the power management to super energy saver the sound is gone , and to balanced and maximum power there is still a sound but is now very low than before .. maybe is a problem also with the power management software ...
ejtoland
Not applicable
Views: 2,297
Message 44 of 53

Y570 Headphone static

I have a relatively new (~4 month old) Y570 and since it was brand new anytime headphones are plugged into the headphone jack there is static.  I updated the RealTek Audio drivers to the latest version (6.0.1.6339) and nothing changed.  Pretty sad that I can't listen to music with my headphones on a brand new laptop...

geo_lion03
Not applicable
Views: 2,282
Message 45 of 53

Re: Y570 Headphone static

mine is direct from realteck site http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=14&PFid=24&Level=4&Conn=3&DownType..., the new version is 6.0.1.6526 i installed and the noise sound are more ok now , you can try it , the latest version was released 2011/12/16 so you have a old version installed , just in this version the noise start to go for me. there are still some noise sounds but not like before , and as i said in the previos message when a change the power management the sound is different every time i chose a diferent power plan...

Mondrian
Not applicable
Views: 2,089
Message 46 of 53

I just got a new Lenovo Y570 (i7, 500GB 7200rpm) a couple of days ago and I'm also having this annoying headphone static issue. I changed the Realtek settings to Line In, and this reduced the static a little bit, but I still hear it constantly with headphones. The computer's default speakers are fantastic, but when I listen through my headphones there's always static. All of my drivers are up to date.

What all can I try to fix this issue? Is it a hardware issue, and I need to get sent a new one? Please help, as I cannot bear using a laptop with constant static issues for forever.

EDIT: I'm using the standard Apple headphones that come with an iPhone, if that makes any difference.

dragnoak
Not applicable
Views: 2,072
Message 47 of 53

To All,

See this NBR thread, post #3 through post #8. Cheap headphones, and most ear buds, tend to produce the annoying noise. Upgrade your headphones, and stop using those tin ear buds!Smiley Frustrated

http://forum.notebookreview.com/ideapad-essential/635509-questions-clarifications-before-purchasing-...

Post #8 has a suggestion to get rid of it.

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT

Yoga 900 Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6500U CPU @ 2.50GHz (Skylake-Y)

X1 Carbon 2nd Gen (20A8) ThinkPad/YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F/IdeaCentre A520 All-In-One i5-3230M/Lenovo Y470 i7-2630QM/T420

AreiKuen
Not applicable
Views: 2,013
Message 48 of 53

Any fix in the meantime? Even if it involves hardware intervention? (i'm not changing my Denon earbuds - no)

I don't believe that grounding theory because i get static with 2pin power jack and also without power cord.. But there IS something with electricity because i get electro shock every now and then when i touch my laptop while it's charging. :s

geo_lion03
Not applicable
Views: 2,005
Message 49 of 53

sometimes i got to some electric shock Smiley Happy , when i said to a friend he laugh at me Smiley Happy) , maybe is because of the metal of the cage
hyperation
Not applicable
Views: 1,903
Message 50 of 53

Hi,

I just got my Y570 last week via Lenovo online store and I am having the same problem with the headphone jack.

The problem occurs on both of my headphone (Sennheiser HD 202 MKII and AudioTechnica ATHM50s).  I have the latest driver from the Lenovo website.  The regular speaker works fine without any noise.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Thanks

Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors