cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sfairat
802.11n
Views: 1,586
Message 31 of 53

Re: y570 sound problems (some annoying noise)

yigit, the issue described in that topic is similar, maybe, even the same, but there's no solution for it.
Anyway, I don't want to use some kind of unofficial drivers and perform some kind of magic to make everything work,
It looks like that the cause of this sound problem is in buggy drivers, which have that pc beep option hidden, but enabled, and it is not a hardware problem, so the only thing I would really appreciate is an official driver without this bug available on lenovo website.
I'm sure that there're many people suffering from this problem (even on these forums there're many people who have it), so I think people from Lenovo staff should be interested in eliminating it.

I understand that most of you(moders & admins) are just volunteers there, so I don't have any claims against you, but some of you have relations with engineering team, and I would really appreciate if you will make them know about this problem.

mod edit: correction of my name. 

Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 1,580
Message 32 of 53

Hi,

see many newly updated drivers on Y570 Drivers&Downloads page:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=867235

Zehn

Sfairat
802.11n
Views: 1,575
Message 33 of 53

Hello,
Thank you for information, but I had already installed it and with these drivers problem persisted, it even seems that the noise with that new drivers became even louder..
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,639
Message 34 of 53

try to download the drivers from directly realtek.com ( official )

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
geo_lion03
Punch Card
Views: 1,633
Message 35 of 53

we did that but don t work eather , if you read the topics maybe you knew that !!!!!!  Smiley Happy i'm so angry , nobody knows exactly where is the problem? what is strange is that is related a bit with the power management , if you change from blanced to energy star the noise sound becomes different ...

Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Views: 1,627
Message 36 of 53

trying to help not just you so it happens sometimes.
there was a solution but you refuse it due to un-official.
try this: un-install current drivers, restart your computer and let windows install the drivers automatically. check if the issue persists.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Fletchman1313
Token Ring
Views: 1,544
Message 37 of 53

@Fletchman1313 wrote:

I just purchased a Y570 and I don't seem to have this problem.  So it could be that the "newer" units have been fixed.  I did have to tweak the EQ a bit because I thought the highs were too high, but other than that I don't have any kind of static or humming noise.

As the days/weeks go on, I'll post an update and the resolution here (if any).

Ok, I started noticing the noise when I plugged in a set of ear buds.  I don't hear it using "over the ear" headphones but when I plugged in ear buds I noticed what I would call "oscillating white noise".  

Changing the jack options from headphones to line out helps big time, but you can still hear it slightly if you listen for it.  Overall, however, I don't think it's that big a deal.  It doesn't interfere with music playback or gaming, although I did tweak my overall EQ settings which may have lessened the noise.  If you have extremely sensitive hearing or an absolute perfectionist, it may be a problem (although I consider myself pretty **bleep** picky myself).

For reference, the earbuds I used were Jlabs 3M, and the over-ear headphones were Sony MDR-XD200's.  I'm going to look for other ear phones and try them out later to see if there's a difference.   I should also try external speakers too.  

(BTW, I get the feeling that this is a hardware issue, not a driver issue.  Unless someone can confirm that updating drivers actually fixed the problem.  )

geo_lion03
Punch Card
Views: 1,511
Message 38 of 53

i m not sure that is a hardware issue because what is strange is that if we use the default driver from windows , the cracks sound is gone , after we install the realteck driver come again , but with windows default driver the sound for the internal speaker is not that good.. i tried also with Linux versions like knoppix live from usb and ubuntu from usb also , in knoppix was no sound problem , the sound was perfect , but in ubuntu it was , so seams that is also a driver issue to me . maybe is also hardware but in this case way the sound is different in this situations described above..
Fletchman1313
Token Ring
Views: 1,506
Message 39 of 53

Hmm... it must be different sound issues.  The sound I get isn't really crackling; it's more like white noise and it's very slight. 

Or maybe the SRS system doesn't sound good with headphones, so it's a trade off between headphones/external speakers and the internal JBL's.  

Divided
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,500
Message 40 of 53

Okay, guys. The output jack is getting electromagnetic interference. This is a hardware problem. You can solve it by shielding the source of the EMI and connecting it to ground (0 volts).

I'm assuming the EMI source is from the hard drive since it is RIGHT NEXT TO the headphone output jack. Using LINE OUT just dampens the noise by utilizing a higher output impedance (look it up), but it's not going away.

As an electrical engineer, this just makes sense, especially when the interference is there on bootup as the Hard Drive is being accessed under heavy load.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors