Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deleema1
Serial Port
Views: 1,907
Message 1 of 7

y580 HDD issue

Hi,

I bought y580 from USA in last December while im in vacations. I'm from Sri Lanka after I cam, I noticed that in HDD SMART saying that there are calibration failure, since 1st day it keep increasing. I ignore that  and keep using my lap, now the count is 38 and also Current Pending Sector Count also increased to 2. Now when I switch on lap it take about 5minis to boot, it always freeze for a while, HDD active time stays 100% (Windows 8 TaskManager). After these errors I decided to reinstall the factory settings using one key recovery. It took abut 4hours and still the problem is same, when I browse through files it takes minutes to open a folder. Since the thigns getting worse I plug lap HDD to my PC and start backup only important files. When it plug to PC it working really fine. Can't notice any lag or disturbance. Since I already bought a new HDD and also I have the recovery files in my pendrive.

How to install original settings using recovery pen?

Im guessing error is in LAP HDD but some says it can be n lap as well, is it possible? 

How to identify weather error is in HDD or laptop?

Thanks

Former Employee
Views: 1,895
Message 2 of 7

Re: y580 HDD issue

Hi deleema1,

thanks for posting and welcome to the Community. If you're up to it, to do a full factory recover of your machine you'll first need to shut the machine down. Once it is powered off fully, press the small button (labelled with the curve arrow) next to the Power button and from there follow the instruction.

One the machine has fully reset itself do post back the changes you see.

Regards
deleema1
Serial Port
Views: 1,879
Message 3 of 7

I noticed a red light on headphone jack is it normal?
usraek
Punch Card
Views: 1,873
Message 4 of 7

That is the digital audio laser as well, so you can use a TOSLINK cable. It's a dual jack.
deleema1
Serial Port
Views: 1,819
Message 5 of 7

Thanks
deleema1
Serial Port
Views: 1,819
Message 6 of 7

I have these files and a Brand New HDD 
is it possible to create a factory default hdd using these files? how?
RECOVERY.jpg

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,778
Message 7 of 7

Hi
You can try copying these files on an usb drive and make it bootable and boot from it. Though i cannot gurantee this. You can also use the four .swm images in the sources folder to install windows. You can use this link for more info
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7itproinstall/thread/f10653fb-ebca-4e46-a709-89f23...
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors