Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
excalibuurr
Paper Tape
Views: 928
Message 1 of 6

y580 battery not charging after using battery gauge reset

So uh, my warranty expired, and I did not find out abou this until a year or two after I purchased the laptop. Is there any other way to fix besides sending it for repairs? Otherwise I just bought a faulty laptop. :c Smiley Sad

deleema1
Serial Port
Views: 944
Message 2 of 6

Y580 Battery Charging issue

hi

I have lenovo y580 bought in 2012 December. I did a battery gauge reset 2 days back. When the procees of discharging battery, at 2% reamaning suddenly lap turn off. after then, if i want to charge the battery. first i need to remove the battery. then i need to plug ac adapter to lap, after that only i can insert battery again. otherwise it won't charge. i check the charger it works fine. i also tried out holding power button for 30 sec. it also din't work for me. if some one comeup with a issue and solved or some one know a way to solve, please let me know. thanks

Savagem8
What's DOS?
Views: 966
Message 3 of 6

Lenovo Y580 not turning on after battery gauge reset

Hello everybody.
I've been having troubles the past two days with my Lenovo Y580.
I have decided to perform a battery gauge reset using the Lenovo energy management.
I have left it overnight to complete, but in the morning it did not turn on.
For some reason, it turned on like 15 minutes later when I kept it on charge as I thought that the battery might be 0% charged, but after a brief hour of usage, I hibernated the laptop and ever since that it doesn't turn on.
The battery LED flashes 3 times every time I press the on button.
I have already checked the AC adapter, it works just fine, as well as I've checked many forum posts regarding the same or similar issue. The other users seemed to have their issues solved by removing the battery, unplugging AC, pressing/holding the power button for 30-60 seconds, and putting all the pieces back in. Tried it about 10 times, and there is no difference.

If anyone had that issue before and knows how to fix it, or anyone who didn't have it but knows how to fix it, please tell me so.
Regards, Lenovo user savagem8.
Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 929
Message 4 of 6

Re: Lenovo Y580 not turning on after battery gauge reset

Hi Savagem8,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with laptop not turning after battery gauge reset in your Lenovo Y580.

Please check with different battery and adapter if possible, this is to check if the issue is with battery and adapter.

If still the issue persist after swapping the battery, then it might be issue with the motherboard which needs to be replaced. Please visit the nearest service centre for further details.

Click here to open a link where you can select the country and get the exact contact support number. I’m sure they will be a great help.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,        

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Guru
Views: 917
Message 5 of 6

Hi Savagem8

I wish you had come here before. That Battery guage reset in LEM is  BROKEN, many people have had serious issues after using that.

What can you do -

1)Shutdown the laptop and disconnect power supply. ( I know its not turning ON, but just to be sure)

2) Disconnect the Battery.

3) Now, Connect ONLY the power supply and try to Turn ON.

Does it work?

4) If Step 3 fails, try the other way around, Connect ONLY the battery and try to Turn ON.

Does it work?

Post back the results and hope you find something encouraging.

---------------------------------
Current System - Lenovo Y720
Y720 REVIEW - Youtube Link (Opens in New Tab)
If your experience was good today, please feel free to give KUDOS. It Ain't Over, 'til it's over.
Savagem8
What's DOS?
Views: 898
Message 6 of 6

Hey. sorry for the delay since your answer and my response. I have came up to one temporary solution browsing the forums, which is removing the battery -> disconnecting AC from both wall and computer -> connecting the AC to the computer and then to the wall -> it turns on and I insert the battery back. It does charge the battery, but if AC adapter is disconnected, connecting it back wouldn't start charging the battery, so in order to charge the battery I must re-do the whole process, meaning that I have to shut down the computer and mess about with the battery and AC.

Also, I have seem to encounter another issue.
Whenever my AC adapter is disconnected, my computer performance drops down from 100% to about 10%.

Looking forward to your replies, and maybe we could work out solutions for both of these issues.

Regards, Lenovo user savagem8.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors