Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dr_M
Fanfold Paper
Views: 961
Message 1 of 4

y580 power & motherboard problems

I bought my y580 less than 2 months ago, it's been working fine till it shut down suddenly while playing a game.
I tried to turn it on again using the ac adapter but I couldn't though
it booted up from the battery .
Anyhow, the I'm outside USA and the warranty service here isn't that good, they said it's a motherboard broblem , is it?!
And if so, I want to make sure they install the right one specific to y580,so what is the name & model no. of the motherboard they should install (that come by originally with a brand new y580), and how do I check that after I receive my laptop?
Another thing, Do I receive the original allegedly broken one or not?!
Thanks alot.

Dr_M
Fanfold Paper
Views: 919
Message 2 of 4

Re: y580 power & motherboard problems

up...Smiley Happy

Astroceltica
Serial Port
Views: 892
Message 3 of 4

Yes, a number of people (myself included) had a problem with the laptop detecting the AC adapter when the battery was in and not charging it.  Once the battery runs out of power, you can turn on the computer by removing the battery, then unplugging and plugging in the AC adapter.  Lenovo replaced my motherboard because of it.  The chipset is HM76 "Panther Point" and no, you don't get to keep the old broken motherboard.  Get it fixed soon, before the warranty runs out.

Dr_M
Fanfold Paper
Views: 863
Message 4 of 4

Astroceltica thx alot, this has been very helpful

btw I couldn't run my laptop on the AC adapter by any means , I suspected it had something to do with the battery software as I was running on an OS that hadn't the battery software installed on , so I used the battery to install the preloaded OS and run the battery software, I managed to reinstall windows 8 & even it booted up but the battery ran out of charge before I could run the battery software.

, I already sent my laptop to the warranty service and it's been 14 days & the motherboard hasn't arrived yet Smiley Frustrated

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors