Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Lenovo NotebooksLenovo P, Y and Z series Notebooks
All Forum Topics
Options

21 Posts

07-30-2015

Philippines

13 Signins

148 Page Views

• Views: 148
  • Message 1 of 1

z500. Runtimebroker.exe using 25% of CPU. Just upgraded to win10.

2015-08-02, 6:12 AM

I noticed my laptop was running hot which usually only does when I'm playing CPU intensive work like playing games or rendering something. I checked on task manager to find the culprit to be runtime broker using up 25% of my CPU nonstop. From what I've learned googling the subject, runtime errors come up due to faulty programs causing memory leaks. I've never had that problem before in windows 8 and technically I haven't installed a new program in windows 10. Anybody knows what might be causing this?

Context: z500, Newly upgraded windows 10, using spotify and bluetooth speakers. Other program used were only MS edge, Google Chrome, Adobe Reader DC, and MS OneNote. Laptop was turned on for hours but I restart from time to time. Errors encountered was the annoying Graphics Card has crashed and successfully recovered error when coming back from sleep (to which I have found no solutions since Windows 8)

tl;dr

Are there any known issues that might cause memory leaks and increase CPU activity of runtimebroker.exe to 25%.?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms