Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tmoo
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 1 of 3

z500 funky battery

Hello. My z500 is pretty new and rarely used, but I've had a weird battery problem with it since I started using it. Sometimes - seemingly at random - the laptop will not start unless it's plugged in. It doesn't matter how long the laptop has not been plugged in, or how charged the battery is. When this happens and I then plug it in to start up, the battery always is at least half if not completely full. Once started, usually I can unplug it and run off battery and it'll be okay. It's as if the computer is confused on start up and thinks the battery is empty when it's not!

I have already upgraded to the new battery firmware, and I have done a battery configuration, but I still have this problem. It doesn't matter what power management mode I'm in, whether through the Lenovo or the Windows utility. It's very frustrating as I do need to use this laptop occassionally without having access to A/C power, but it is very unreliable despite it being pretty much brand new. Please help! Cheers

tmoo
Paper Tape
Views: 264
Message 2 of 3

Re: z500 funky battery

Happened again just now - it seems the longer it's unplugged, the less likely it will start on battery... but I plugged it in, and it says 54%. Definitely not dead. Someone's just not reading the battery correctly.
tmoo
Paper Tape
Views: 245
Message 3 of 3

Re: z500 funky battery

useless

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors