Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yigitpar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 15,654
Message 1 of 15

z510 is dead. No power. Need help!

Hi.

I've bought a z510 3 months ago. Until today, Everything were just fine, except some "boot problems". It had stuck many times on Lenovo screen but after firmware update, problem solved. Anyway,

Today, when i pressed power button, nothing happened. Yesterday I shut it down on windows, but today, nothing.

I've tried it with Ac and without ac adaptor. Nova( or novo, anyway) button didn't work either. I've tried that 30 sec pressing power button, nothing changed. My front led buttons are always off. It's literally dead. I know it always was dead but you got the pointSmiley Happy
I think mainboard is the problem. I need to solve it immediately because my final exams notes in it. I can't access it and I don't want to break warranty, so that i can't reset battery connection. If only that battery could on laptop, not inside! Also if service changes something, ı'm scared of the situation that all data may be lost. In both cases, is there any methodes to save my data? (Without breaking warranty, otherwise it was too easy i know basicsSmiley Happy )

ı also checked my adaptor, it works. I've checked it with voltage controller device and with another lenovo laptop?

Thanks again for reading. Any help would be appreciated. Btw,
(Sorry for my english lev, I'm not a native speaker)
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 15,504
Message 2 of 15

Re: z510 is dead. No power. Need help!

Obviously you can't recover data from a dead laptop.  You would need to remove the hard drive to do that, but then warranty issues arise.  In reviewing the User Guide for your model it is pretty limited on what the Owner can do unlike other laptops.  The only option I see to resolve your problem is to send the laptop in for warranty service.  When sent in I would point out to support that you need the data on the drive both verbally and in writing.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Yigitpar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 15,635
Message 3 of 15

Btw, Thanks for the reply Smiley Happy

It looks like my problem is solved. 

I knew all the risk but i've read almost all topics about dead lenovo laptops. Y510, z500, z510 etc.  %90 of them needed a power source reset and mainboard static electric dischage, and %10  was real mainboard malfunction. And i think lenovo services don't try this method because changing motherboard is a guaranteed solution! Waste of time.
So i had no time, i've made myself to disassembly my notebook. I ignored warranty process because it could take weeks.

Well ı've dissassembled it and pulled out battery. I've pressed  power button 4 times of 10 sec periods, and then 30 sec long press. Without connect battery i've tried Ac adaptor and it started to work again! Then I plugged battery and everything went perfect.

I hope it helps to lenovo owners who has same problem. I think it's an bios problem. If you've windows, when it enters to sleep mode it can happen.  Because a mainboard can't burn itself when you turn off your computer without a problem. That was my only hope and it worked. 

Yigitpar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 15,491
Message 4 of 15

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rxw3l-tK2eU That video helped me a lot!
Community Moderator
Community Moderator
Views: 15,484
Message 5 of 15

Glad to hear you resolve the problem and thanks for posting back with a update.

Although you got the laptop up and running again, in the future you might want to use a flash drive for backing up of any important documents, pictures and data.  Time spent can be a life saver at times.

please mark it as an "Accept As Solution"
♦ I'm not a Lenovo employee, just a volunteer geek who likes to help folks.
Sorry, I don't read unsolicited Private Messages. If you have an issue, posting in     the appropriate forum is the best way to get assistance.

Communities:    English English    Deutsche Deutsche     Español Español     Portugues Portugues     Russian flag Русскоязычное

Yigitpar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 15,480
Message 6 of 15

That's for sure. I've had a lot of External hdd crashes ( one from firmware problem, one from droping it on ground Smiley Very Happy , one, i still don't know, I'm keeping it for 5 years ) and i've got 2 separate backups.  
You know, sometimes Murphy laws rule. That was one of them. While i write these on community, i've connected all of my HDD's and doing back up! Smiley Happy  Have a nice day! Smiley Happy

hamadamood
Paper Tape
Views: 15,078
Message 7 of 15

you're too awesome.
shut it down five days ago with 50 % battery charged, then I traveled.
when I got back after five days and pressed on power button, nothing worked, not even charging.
I suspected my charger but I could feel the voltage on the metal surface.
tomorrow I'm gonna try your way and inform you if it worked or not.
hamadamood
Paper Tape
Views: 15,055
Message 8 of 15

I just can't thank you more for  sharing this info after you've done it.

You could've walk through your day like nothing happened but you didn't.

Thanks a lot man.

HermanV
What's DOS?
Views: 15,022
Message 9 of 15

Hi everyone

I am having similar problems, and I tried what Yigitpar did, however without succes.

I contacted Lenovo repair support but got a standard answer, non informative.

I connected the power charger while the laptop was started up and active (Windows 8.1). Battery was close to going empty.
Immediately after connecting, the laptop shut-off, and was not starting up anymore with or without charger. Since I needed some data definitely that day I opened the device and did immediate data copying of the files of the HDD.
I then tried the laptop again, after having the battery temporarily disconnected for 15 minutes or so. Now the power LED lights up and the active LED on the front also. System does not start or boot, nothing on the screen, no sounds.
After connecting power charger the charge LED also gets lid up, but a mains power meter tells me that only 2W or so is drawn, so battery is not or hardly charging.
System never starts up, however when keeping power button pressed after about 10 seconds LEDs go off again. 
Anyone has some suggestions (Lenovo tech guys?) what to do? Is there a way to reset the system and/or battery?

Thanks!

Highlighted
Kovalio
Paper Tape
Views: 14,620
Message 10 of 15

Have same problem but I won't risk loosing 8 more omnths of warranty.

I'll send it to Lenovo to fix it and after that I/m seriously thinking about selling my Z510. It's my first and last time that I've boubht laptop without access to battery or HDD. It's sick that I can't buckup my files now (most of them I have on main PC but not all of them). Laptop died during my vacation and I have some of photos and videos there :/

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors