Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MartRose
Blue Screen Again
Views: 227
Message 1 of 2

z575 no wifi help!

Hi All! Here goes! Very frustrating situation!

I have a z575 I bought new less than 5 years ago. Windows 7 64 bit.

In spite of all my best efforts, it will not connect to WiFi. I haven't done anything such as add new software. I haven't done anything. It just stopped working.

It says the WiFi card is working properly. I just updated the drivers. I've uninstalled all my antivirus, turned the firewall off. Gone thru the steps and tried it that way. Nothing.

When I run the troubleshooter it says "There might be a problem with the driver for the Wireless Network Connection 11 Adapter." and "A network cable is not properly plugged in or may be broken."

When I look control panel,it shows 3 bars illuminated. I'm assuming this means the card is working but the info is not making the connection.

I bought a WiFi dongle. Tried that. Laptop didn't recognize that. No luck there.

This laptop works well other than this problem. I'm about to declare a hardware issue and replace the WiFi card.

I've done a ton of research and have come to the conclusion that this isn't an uncommon problem with this particular laptop. I also haven't seen anything that really pertains to the wifi just stopping. Things I've read generally indicate someone has made a change that caused the problem.

Does anyone have any suggestions to offer? You have no idea how much it's appreciated!I'm about at the end of my rope with this project. I've spent hours on this!

Thanks in advance!

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 139
Message 2 of 2

Re: z575 no wifi help!

Hi MartRose.

Thanks for reaching us here in our community forums.

We'd like to know a few things. Could you tell us what kind of WiFi dongle that you tried using? Also, could you send us a photo of the WiFi driver from the device manager so we can take a closer look? Go to Device Manager > Expand Network adapters > Select and Right click your WiFi > Select Properties > Take a photo under the General Tab. Keep us posted.

Regards.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors