Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kimhartley24
Paper Tape
Views: 158
Message 1 of 2

z580 - Need email customer support.

My ideapad z580's hard drive completely failed after a random Windows update ravaged my computer with its awfulness. I need support and repairs, but I live in Tokyo now and don't want to be charged a million yen trying to call a u.s. support number. I can't even find my computer on the support page drop down menu; it goes from z575 to z585 and completely skipped over z580. I've had a million problems with this machine's performance from day 1 and really I just want to go out and buy an axe and chop it to oblivion but it's the only computer I'm going to get so I NEED to get it repaired! How can I get this hard drive repaired/replaced from Tokyo? I am within warranty, and I got the super duper kind.

I only have a smartphone now, and using lenovos website is incredibly rage-inducing so I'd really like it if support could help me through email to create a service request.

Mod's Edit: System model added to front of Subject line to improve visibility / clarity

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 152
Message 2 of 2

Re: Need email customer support.

hi Kimhartley24,

Welcome to the forums and sorry to hear about your trouble.

Looking at the International Warranty Services (IWS) lookup page, the Z580 has warranty coverage in Japan but it's thru phone support only. I would recommend you contact the helpdesk on how to go about getting the HDD replaced and the OS reloaded.

Country/Region: Japan

Phone Number: 0120-994-244

Supported Language: Japanese / English

Hours of operation: 9AM - 6PM

In addition, if a Windows Update corrupted the OS (causing it to not boot into Windows) then there maybe a chance to recover it.

Things that you can try:

Option 1:

Shutdown the machine, press the OneKey Recovery (Novo) Button then select System Recovery. 

- Link to picture

If successful, the System Recovery page should appear and just follow the prompts to restore the system to factory settings.

Video Guide:

How to RUN OneKey Recovery on LENOVO Laptop

Option 2:

1. If the Z580 came preloaded with Windows 8/8,1, using a different PC, follow this guide on how to download a Windows 8.1 ISO. When finished, follow this guide to create a bootable UEFI flashdrive.

If successful, you can then use Automatic Repair or one of the System Recovery options to restore/reset Windows.

How Run "Automatic Repair" to Fix Startup Issues in Windows 8 and 8.1

How to Boot to "System Recovery Options" in Windows 8 and 8.1 (see Option Seven)

Alternatively, you can also install Windows 8.1 on top of your previous Windows installation and just redownload the drivers from the Z580 drivers page.

Let me know if these steps works for you.

Regards

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors