Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
enesfnd
Paper Tape
Views: 682
Message 1 of 4

z580 nissing drivers and features in win8

Hello Dear Lenovo Tem;

While I was upgrading my ideapad z580 from win7 to win 8; I've made some mistakes and some troubles occured. Please help me about them;

1: While I was installing win8, I shouldn't format my sytem harddisk and window 8 installer would scan my old os. But I didn't knew it and after formtting, I worked to install win 8. While installing win8, win8 installer didn't accept my hdd diving format. Then I had to format my alldisk divides. So I lost my orginal Lenovo One key recovery backups. And (I suppose becouse of this processement) unfortunately I can not open my loptop in one key recovery mode. If I can, How can I fiz it?

2: After Win8 installation, I couldn't find the driver CapOSD for win 8, which displays when capslock, numlock and etc  keys are pushed, notificates them. Is there any driver which douse it? Or if there is, how can ı find it?

3: I also can not use my Blue tooth device on my laptop. I've checked and my bletooh device is enabled. But when I worked to install its drver, installer stop at half of processement. And also my device manager doesn't see my bluetooth device

4: Finally I can not use some special properties of lenovo (ie power DVD 10 or You cam). And I cannot use special key combination windws. For exapmle when I pushed "Fn+F5", my connection setting would came and I could chose which connection type I wanted to close or open. But now when I did this key combinatiion, FLY mode opens ond closes in win8. In the touch butons which closest the screen, the same situation occures. When I touched them, They don't work or they work but I can not control them.

I'll wait your Replies. Thanks a lot from now.

Best

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 661
Message 2 of 4

Re: z580 nissing drivers and features in win8

hi enesfnd,

Welcome to the Lenovo Forums.

Regarding your questions:

1. Some lenovo softwares and third party apps will not work after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 8 - see this WIndow 8 Upgrade Guide.by Lenovo

2. Can you install the Capslock & Numlock OSD driver below and reboot (this is for Windows 7 and will also work on Windows 8).

Lenovo CapsLock and Numlock OSD Driver
0mcd04ww.exe
2.91MB

3.For the bluetooth, try to:

a. Boot into the BIOS by going to the UEFI Firmware Settings

b. In the BIOS, press F9 to reload setup defaults and press F10 to save and exit.

c. When you get back to Windows, open Device Manager and see if you can now see the Bluetooth device. If same problem, uninstall Lenovo Energy Management - Windows 8 version and reboot and install the Lenovo Energy Management - Windows 7 version and reboot.

d. Press Fn+F5 and see if you can enable the bluetooth.

wifi energy management.JPG 

4. If you're referring to the Play/Pause (Fn+F9), Stop (Fn+F10), Rewind (Fn+F11), Fast Forward (Fn+12), and after following Step 3 doesn't resolve the issue then you may need to remap the keys. Try Sharpkeys:

Give it a shot - Map Any Key to Any Key on Windows 7 / XP / Vista (works also in Windows 8)

Hope this helps

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

enesfnd
Paper Tape
Views: 640
Message 3 of 4

Hi. Firstly thanks a lot for your request.

1: Unfortunately I couldn't understand what would you want to say. Please repeat it Smiley Happy
2: I tried it, it doesn't work. Is there any solution else?
3: Becouse of second section, I can not see the window which you've showed. But I checked it from my BIOS, bluetooth is enabled. But I remember that, before I fotmat my computer, it was closed from that window. I have closed it.
4 and in this section I could not understand it again.

enesfnd
Paper Tape
Views: 613
Message 4 of 4

I wished I could recieve a better solution from. you

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors