Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
throgmt
Paper Tape
Views: 12,340
Message 1 of 10

z580 touchpad not working properly with windows 8

Bought a z580 laptop recently and upgraded to windows 8.  The vertical and horizontal scrolling features don't work with it anymore. There is also no zooming and rotating feature anymore.  I downloaded the windows 8 driver from the lenovo website, but it says that I need the 64bit driver for my laptop.  According to the lenovo download it was for both 32 and 64bit.  How can I get the touchpad functions back?

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 12,330
Message 2 of 10

Re: z580 touchpad not working properly with windows 8

Hi and welcome to the community
Please try this driver.
http://driverdl.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/DriverFilesUploadFloder/35868/Win8_TouchPad.exe
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
throgmt
Paper Tape
Views: 12,253
Message 3 of 10

Thanks, that did the trick!  I just ran into another problem, where I can't seem to get the card reader to work.  I downloaded and installed the new windows 8 card reader driver from the lenovo site, but my laptop won't recognize the SD card when I put it in.  It worked when windows 7 was my OS but not with 8.  Do you have any suggestions for that?

yaraman
What's DOS?
Views: 12,162
Message 4 of 10

I just purchased the 'new' Z580 with Windows 8. Lovely laptop, nightmare experience trying to get the touchpad working!

After trying a few fixes, I tried to call Lenovo directly, after going through about 10 phone numbers, I finally reached Lenovo IdeaPad technical support, who told me they had no knowledge of this issue, that it must be a hardware fault (of which I was convinced it wasn't) and asked to send the machine back for a replacement. In other words, Lenovo could not be bothered to help me fix the problem, rather pass it off to the retailer to deal with. Very poor service Lenovo, and very lazy.

Anyway, I managed to get the touchpad working perfectly using the solution here (thanks!), so just wanted to advise people to ignore Lenovo and follow the steps here before sending back the 'faulty'' laptop...

- Plugin in an external mouse (guessing you have done this already as the touchpad doesn;t work!)

- Close down all your apps

- Uninstall all Lenovo mouse and Synaptics drivers (via Control Panel)
- Go to device manager (search 'device manager' in settings using bottom-right corner action)

- Right-click on 'USB HID drivers' and choose 'uninstall' - the mouse will stop working (which is fine)

- Press ALT-F4 to close device manager and again to restart the laptop

- The default mouse driver will install automatically - which is fine

- Double-click the download here from Lenovo China (www.lenovo.com.cn) and click the left icon (will appear with ??? as it is Chinese) to unzip the file - a new folder will appear with the drivers in it

- Go into the Synaptics folder and run set-up to install the Synaptics touchpad driver

- Restart again and now the touchpad should be working perfectly!

Good luck...

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 12,154
Message 5 of 10

@yarman
Actually normally reinstalling would also do.
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
yaraman
What's DOS?
Views: 11,584
Message 6 of 10

Yes, normally it would, but not in this case.

Unfortunately the above does not work properly either. Even though touchpad works to begin with, it still keeps 'disappearing', requiring a reboot - so back to the drawing board.

marcin0218
What's DOS?
Views: 11,115
Message 7 of 10

and power management not work. if i click power save screen doesnt dim...
ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 11,104
Message 8 of 10

Use the power manager of windows 7
http://download.lenovo.com/consumer/mobiles/cagt25ww.exe
ferdin08
Token Ring
Views: 11,103
Message 9 of 10

hey guys everything works fine from this lenovo chinese website.....use it via google chromeSmiley LOL

http://support1.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/wsi/Modules/Driverdownload.aspx?SearchType=1&LogicType=0&Machin...

chaithu
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,355
Message 10 of 10

When I try to install the driver, it says no synaptics device found. I even tried resetting my laptop to factory settings. It too didn't work Please help

Top Kudoed Authors