Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asherr6
Paper Tape
Views: 1,562
Message 1 of 8

z580 webcam not working after windows 8

I bought a z580 back in nov and after going to windows 8 the webcam doesnt work. I've reinstalled the drivers about 30 times with no luck. When I open skype the light come on but it just shows a constant loading image icon. when i use the youcam app it does the same thing. i've checked the drivers on both, uninstalled and reinstalled.. but no luck, any help would be much appreciated

kaiyo
802.11n
Views: 1,554
Message 2 of 8

Re: z580 webcam not working after windows 8

Try this:

1) uninstall the drilvers. (restart if it asked)
2) let windows install it's default drivers and see if that works.  

asherr6
Paper Tape
Views: 1,544
Message 3 of 8

I uninstalled everything. How can i make windows find the default drivers. after uninstalling the lenovo easycamera isnt available in the device manager anymore
asherr6
Paper Tape
Views: 1,535
Message 4 of 8

after restarting, the easy camera shows in the device manage, i right clicked and it and checked the drivers, it says they were up to date, but the camera is doing the same thing. thanks btw for the responses.

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,524
Message 5 of 8

Hi
Your camera might be disabled. Could you try pressing fn+esc to enable.
You will need lenovo energy management of windows 7 for the hotkey to work.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
asherr6
Paper Tape
Views: 1,507
Message 6 of 8

'So, when I start youcam I got the error message "no device connected....." i used the hot key and it said "youcam located new device, would you like to use it now?" I click yes and the light comes on but it doesnt show an image. After about 30 sec i get the message"youcam could not capture content"

ishaan
Bit Torrent
Views: 1,496
Message 7 of 8

Hi
Could youtry this driver too?
http://driverdl.lenovo.com.cn/lenovo/DriverFilesUploadFloder/35838/Win8_Camera.exe
Use winrar to extract the setup from exe file since it is an winrar executable archive.
Also install the driver after enabling the camera from the hotkey.
Regards
Ishaan Ideapad Y560(i3 330m), Hp Elitebook 8460p!(i5-2520M) Hp Pavilion n208tx(i5-4200u)
If you think a post helped you, then you can give Kudos to the post by pressing the Star on the left of the post. If you think a post solved your problem, then mark it as a solution so that others having the same problem can refer to it.
asherr6
Paper Tape
Views: 1,455
Message 8 of 8

thank you, i certainly appreciate all the help but still not working. I feel like no one else has these issues.

Top Kudoed Authors