Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
davr0
Paper Tape
Views: 402
Message 1 of 10

z580 wireless problem......

hi guys

i have formatted my z580 an installed win7 64bit... the reason was simple win 8 sucked and i could never get my head round how to use it properly..

all is up and running but i cant get the wireless to connect..

i have read more forms and tried more answers but nothing works..

it loads the atheros driver and shows in the task bar but when i click it, it says no wireless available

i can connect to the internet with lan plugged in so i know all that end is working...

just the wireless issue... any adeas   or help would be great...

thanks

davr0
Paper Tape
Views: 374
Message 2 of 10

Re: z580 wireless problem......

must admit its been a good start to the forum..... 27 views an not 1 reply....

anyway i now have the wirelesss adapter showing in network connections .. its enabled but still not connecting

the driver im using now is 10.0.0.274.

altho it still says in diagnose..... driver problem..

davr0
Paper Tape
Views: 356
Message 3 of 10

so no helpers then??????

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 347
Message 4 of 10

davr0,

Welcome to Lenovo Forums!

Thank you for taking time to post your inquiry.

davr0 the issue that you have right is software related issue. where there any recent changes on the computer? have installed or upgraded the OS of your computer? This issue that you face is a software and driver  issue for your wireless adapter... We might need to also check the settings on the wireless adapter and we need to check the router settings. 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
davr0
Paper Tape
Views: 330
Message 5 of 10

thanks for the reply m8

basicly the laptop was windows 8 and everything worked.. but i didnt like win 8 and couldnt use it.

i formatted the laptop completely and installed windows7 64bit...  a complete fresh install.. 

i have tried about 6 or 7 different drivers but still will not connect to my wifi.

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 317
Message 6 of 10

davr0,

I see, If you can provide me what Wireless card do you have on the laptop. You need to check it on device manager. 

We need to know if the Wireless Adapter that you have is 

• Intel 802.11 a/b/g/n & WiMax comb
  • Broadcom/Atheros b/g/n

Please provide the details so that I can provide you the correct version of the driver 

Thanks

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
davr0
Paper Tape
Views: 313
Message 7 of 10

the card is atheros ar9485wb-eg

davr0
Paper Tape
Views: 296
Message 8 of 10

any luck m8?

Lenovo Support Partner
Views: 281
Message 9 of 10

davr0,

Good day, the wireless adapter that you have is an Atheros ar9485wb-eg. I have checked the Support Site of Lenovo and the wireless adapter is different. Check this link.

I have manage to do a search on the Atheros ar9485wb-eg wireless adapter and I saw the dirver version is 10.0.0.297. Check this link.

I hope that this can help you.

Just come back and we will try another route.

davr0
Paper Tape
Views: 269
Message 10 of 10

hey thanks,,

i have tried all these drivers but they still wont let it to connect to my bt hub4

maybe i have to reset every thing ..

i dont know wat to do .. maybe i will just have to buy a wirless usb stick

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors