Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aford89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 115
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo Patch Show Only Our Devices?

I got Lenovo Patch installed and its showing me updates but i had to use the standard catalog but im not sure how to make it show only the devices we have instead of all devices

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 101
Message 2 of 12

Re: Lenovo Patch Show Only Our Devices?

@aford89,

Are you looking for the Lenovo Patch catalog to be imported and enabled or are you looking for the best way to filter the Lenovo Catalog to find only your models?

TLawson

Highlighted
aford89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 98
Message 3 of 12

Find only our models and what im supposed to do after publishing. I can open system update on an m93p and see 6 updates but patch is only showing me 3 and none of the ones i see in system update

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 70
Message 4 of 12

@aford89,

We are adding new content all the time.  I will see if we can process the content for this model in an upcoming catalog.

TLawson

aford89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 67
Message 5 of 12

So after i publish and update how do i actually get it to a device?

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 63
Message 6 of 12

@aford89,

Here is a link to the User Guide for reference around publishing to a Software Update Group.

Here is a link to an article from Microsoft on deploying software updates via SCCM.

Please make sure you have deployed the LUC Agent to your Lenovo computers prior to deploying Lenovo Updates to them.  When deploying third party updates (Adobe, Cisco, Oracle,...), the LUC Agent is not required for those patches.  You can read more information on the LUC Agent in the User Guide.

TLawson

aford89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 55
Message 7 of 12

Thanks i will have to reach out to our lenovo rep, i went thru the entire user guide and i must be misisng somtehing because i can see it published but no idea how to actually push it out

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 50
Message 8 of 12

@aford89,

You will push the Lenovo Updates out the same way you push out Software Updates for Windows, Office...   Check out the second link (article from Microsoft) I sent.  That should point you in the right direction.

TLawson

aford89
Fanfold Paper
Views: 32
Message 9 of 12

Ok finally found the updates. However they are not dowloading either locally or thru the internet. Checked my Autopublish.log and i see that its giving "Error - AutoPublish returned code 8: Failed to publish all packages" - Not sure why its failing to create .cab files??

Lenovo Employee tlawson
Lenovo Employee
Views: 29
Message 10 of 12

@aford89,

You say they're not downloading locally or through the internet.  Can you elaborate on that for me?

Which catalog(s) do you have enabled?

Which updates are you attempting to publish?

Does your firewall need to allow certain exceptions to download content?  If so, please reference the list of content provider URLs to whitelist.

TLawson