Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deploy_core
Blue Screen Again
Views: 69
Message 21 of 24

Re: Log on as batch job privilege issues - Lenovo Patch

@TLawson

Thanks.  In your professional opinion, what is the best way to get the bios/driver updates for all 3 models on a monthly patch cycle that works with the Microsoft patch Tuesday cycle?

Corey

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 59
Message 22 of 24

@deploy_core,

Every environment is different, so this is a tough question.  Some customers want to deploy the updates to the environment en masse, others want to test and know the types of interactions their environment may encounter.  

That said, I would reccomend using SmartFilters and Composite SmartFilters to get the list of updates to obtain for your models.  I would then recommend publishing the updates to a Software Update Group (SUG) using a scheduled task.  I recommend using a Phased Deployment to deploy to a controlled test group of devices where the updates would be needed.  Then follow the Phased Deployment approach from the Test group to a Pilot group to Production at intervals/thresholds where you feel comfortable.

The updates should have minimal impact, but this strategy should give you the ability to locate any environmental specific hurdles you may encounter.

TLawson

deploy_core
Blue Screen Again
Views: 55
Message 23 of 24

TLawson

I was asking in relation to the inability to pull updates from Lenovo Patch. What other options do we have?

Thank you,

Corey 

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 43
Message 24 of 24

@deploy_core,

There are a few tools you can use to supplement Lenovo Patch if you'd like.  You can have a look at the Driver and Software Matrix for IT Admins.  You would need to package up the updates and deploy them to the applicable systems. Additionally, you can review Lenovo System Update, Update Retriever, and ThinInstaller.  You can use Update Retriever to create a repository of updates and use ThinInstaller or System Update to apply the updates to the device.

TLawson

Edit:  Link to SU/UR/TI

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals