Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
johnjohnjohn87
Fanfold Paper
Views: 210
Message 1 of 4

Unable to Publish 3rd Party Applications

I'm able to publish Lenovo updates without issue, but am unable to publish from the 3rd Party Applications catalog. When attempting to publish, I see the warning that "this vendor/product is not configured for syncronization", but don't see it as an option under Manage Products. I saw a KB on this error, but I'm able to sync WSUS without issue.

Has anyone experienced this before or have a clue what I missed?

Thanks.

2019-08-27_8-41-59.png

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 178
Message 2 of 4

Re: Unable to Publish 3rd Party Applications

@johnjohnjohn87,

After selecting the updates to publish, you will need to wait for a sync to complete.  At that time, go into the Manage Products view, select the products to sync and apply the changes.  The dialog should prompt you to perform a sync.  If the timing is right for your environment, go ahead and perform the sync, if not, then let the sync start and complete on the normal timeline.

TLawson

johnjohnjohn87
Fanfold Paper
Views: 173
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the help!

I checked the boxes, ran a syncronization from Manage Products, but still can't see a product category. Did I do it correctly?

LP2.png

Highlighted
Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 136
Message 4 of 4

@johnjohnjohn87,

First, you check the boxes like in the left hand section of the screenshot.  Then you will publish them.  There may be a note that mentions that some of the select updates will not sync.  That is fine; continue with the publish.  Once the publish is complete, navigate to the Manage Products.  The new products may not show up immediately, so you may have to wait a bit.  Once the new products show up in the new products window, check them, and perform another sync.  Once that completes, the updates should be synched everywhere.

TLawson

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals