Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
policeman52
Fanfold Paper
Views: 394
Message 1 of 4

Updating specific models

How do you update a specific model of machines?

We are looking at just updating the A475 models with BIOS/drivers/firmware updates.

When I go to Lenovo Patch in the SCCM console I created a custom filter that just lists A475 machines.

But when I go to All Software Updates there is no way to view that filter.

I can look at the Article ID and reference that, but that is very tedious and seems like there should be an easier way.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong which is fine, always up for learning.

Thanks.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 354
Message 2 of 4

Re: Updating specific models

@policeman52,

What version of Lenovo Patch are you using?  On the Lenovo Patch view in the console, click on the settings icon, then choose About.  Look for the Lenovo Patch for SCCM version.  If you are 2.4.29206.0, during the publish process, you can check the "Add published updates to a new or existing Software Update Group" check box.  If the Software Update Group does not already exist, you can use the interface to create a new Software Update Group.  If the Software Update Group is present, you can select it from the drop down list.

For more information on this topic, check out physical page 60 (PDF page 66) of the Lenovo Patch for SCCM 2.4 User Guide in our Getting Started knowledge base article.

TLawson

policeman52
Fanfold Paper
Views: 326
Message 3 of 4

Yes, we are running Lenovo Patch for SCCM version 2.4.29206.0

I see what you're saying.  So set a custom filter, then go to Settings > Schedule and set scheduling/publish/create storage group.

That's fine and maybe I'm doing something wrong.

When i got the Lenovo Patch and view updates, all are listed at Published.

I verified that as well by going to Software Updates > All Software Updates.  The Lenovo patches are listed and published.

But I dont' have any Scheduled publishing set in the Lenovo Patch Settings.

I think at the end of the day I would like to just create adhoc deployments of updates for specific Lenovo computer models.

Viewing those in the Lenovo Patch is working with custom filters, but not in the default All Software Updates view.

I do see columns Model Name and Unique Update ID but I'm not referencing the Lenovo computer models.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 290
Message 4 of 4

@policeman52,

If you are seeing all updates are published in the Lenovo Patch view, then at somepoint, everything was published to All Software Updates.

To address the differences between the Lenovo Patch view and All Software Updates, the model information is not a part of the standard WSUS schema.  In the Lenovo Patch view, we utilize additional data to present this information to you so you can filter, select, and publish the updates required for your environment.

TLawson

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors