Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvogelg
Punch Card
Views: 367
Message 1 of 3

DCSC Raid controller field?

In DCSC I would like to see if there is a way to show which raid controller comes with each base?   (Raid 530-8i or Raid 930-8i).

Off the shelf /  Topseller we get alot of request for Virtualiztion and Raid with cache / Flash., and the majority of time the system wiill have the Raid 530-8i, which has zero cache/ flash, and is not upgradable.

When looking at the Lenovo Press and going to the Server you can see the models with the different Raid controllers but most of the time these models are not in DCSC.

Ideally any server that uses a Silver 4110 8 core processor or above would benefit for having the Raid 930-8I.

Any thoughts?

Lenovo Employee JamesBarrett
Lenovo Employee
Views: 359
Message 2 of 3

Re: DCSC Raid controller field?

We're working on it.   Hasn't been as high a priority as others quite yet, but I hope to accomplish this fall.  Will look something like this.  Note we're adding power supply and software as well.

image-2018-05-09-13-05-57-166.png

Highlighted
dvogelg
Punch Card
Views: 84
Message 3 of 3

Re: DCSC Raid controller field?

I am going to point out that this field is very important, not only for the Public but also for the engineers, there needs to be visibily to this, I believe that this will prevent any confusion and the Public will be able to see right away with the Pre configured models.

Or, the old way, go into the Lenovo Press and find the models that way, go back to DCSC and do the configuration.

I understand a lot of the times it is based off the Model and the processor, it would just be nice to know what the model has or doesn't have with the RAID card up front.

In distribution we see this problem over and over.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals