cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BenM-MITL
Paper Tape
Views: 168
Message 1 of 4

DCSC - import 'existing' build to work out upgrades?

Is there a way to build an 'installed' base to work out what the upgrade options are - either by bringing in a known base file from DCSC config already created (or tag parts as 'existing' or by creating a new 'base' built on a known record from an old SSCT file?

Lenovo Employee bill_luken
Lenovo Employee
Views: 137
Message 2 of 4

Re: DCSC - import 'existing' build to work out upgrades?

Hello, sorry for the delay. The SSCT has that capability to mark existing, new, etc. The DCSC doesn't. You could make a 'set' config and use that as a base. Just make updates and changes as needed. Does this help? Let me know if we need to talk on the phone. Bill.

BenM-MITL
Paper Tape
Views: 109
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply Bill - I didn't get a notification on this for some reason.

This was for some old x3550 M4's the customer ordered (configured in SSCT) and never got round to unboxing? I'll look at playing with SSCT - think it might be a bit old to bring back into SSCT.

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee bill_luken
Lenovo Employee
Views: 100
Message 4 of 4

Your Welcome Ben. Yeah, sometimes I do not get alerts to postings and updates too.

Yes, you would have to downlevel your SSCT in order to bring it into the SSCT, as all those servers are no longer in the latest SSCT.

I think you could run the serial numbers into the Service warranty tool and see what shipped with them...but not sure how that would work if they were preconfigured models.

You could look at the old product guides and/or xREF to see what was standard for components/options.

Else, if you can find the old configuration files for them, like the XLS, it will show what was shipped.

Hope this helps. Cheers, Bill.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals