Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lenovo Employee Amit_Peled
Lenovo Employee
Views: 138
Message 1 of 6

DCSC suggestions to improve

I would like to offer the capability to have the following in the DCSC.

• To switch between 1Y and 3Y models in a click of a button. 
    Sometimes, by mistake, doing a CTO you choose the 1Y model instead of the 3Y one. configuration can be very
    complicated including many components and can take a while. You realize you choose the wrong model after
    completing the configuration. Then you need to do everything from scratch with the 3Y model. I wish it can be an 
    option switching between the two models instead on doing everything from the beginning when this happens. I understand
    these are different models, but the only difference between this models is the basic warranty, all other HW characteristics are the same. This can save a lot of time.  

• When exporting to.xls format I wish there was a tab with a human readable format, includes only the main and important configuration component without all other "mfg instruction" info such as labels, fillers etc. Pretty much what the "view details" button provides.
Lenovo Employee bill_luken
Lenovo Employee
Views: 119
Message 2 of 6

Re: DCSC suggestions to improve

Hello Amit, thank-you for posting your suggestions here on the forum. Agree, switching between 1YR and 3YR would be very helpful. I will submit a 'user story' for this. 'User Story' is new name for enhancements.

The exported XLS does contain a 'Summary' tab at the bottom of the XLS. Have you seen that? I believe that should provide you what you are asking for. If not, let me know.

Lenovo Employee
Views: 102
Message 3 of 6

Hi Bill,

I'm fimilier with the Summery tab in the .xls file, but this tab shows me nothing except the configuration name, no configurationm detials there.

In other words, I would like to have a tab which shows only parts with some $ value, removing all 'no charge' parts as showed in the 'Quote' tab.

Lenovo Employee
Views: 98
Message 4 of 6

Hi Amit, send me one of your XML's where the Summary is empty... wluken@lenovo.com. Thanks.

Lenovo Employee
Views: 86
Message 5 of 6

Attached. 

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee
Views: 82
Message 6 of 6

Thank-you for posting. The Summary tab used to have only the added parts, with intent to provide a 'clean' quote sheet. Not sure if this changed intentionally or is a defect. I will open a defect first to if this is the case. If needed, I can also open an enhancement request. When I have any updates, I will post them here. 

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors