Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MonikaE
Paper Tape
Views: 932
Message 1 of 8

ST250 Upgrade to Hardware RAID

When upgrading the ST250 from SW RAID to HW RAID the cable kit (4Z57A14087) has to be added manually, and I mean very manually, by finding it in the "Part Search" after completing the configuration.

Would it not be possible that this is added automatically, as it happens in the SR250 when SW RAID is upgraded to HW RAID?

Lenovo Employee bill_luken
Lenovo Employee
Views: 896
Message 2 of 8

Re: ST250 Upgrade to Hardware RAID

Hello Monika, great to see you posting in the forum. The cable you reference, PN 4Z57A14087, does not show in the Product Guide as needed. Do you have a reference that shows it is required?

When you switch from SW RAID to HW RAID, you will be prompted to choose the PN 4Z57A12652.

This is from the Product Guide:

SR250.JPG

MonikaE
Paper Tape
Views: 880
Message 3 of 8

Hi Bill 

Thanks for you answer. I had been referring to the ST250 but noticed that since I posted last week, the DCSC has been changed and now it automatically adds the HW RAID kit as soon as the onboard SW RAID is removed and a RAID Controller is added.

Can I make a suggestion though: At the moment, you can only see that this has been added, once the configuration has been exported. Would it be possible that it is displayed also in ressources window so that one can see it is there?

Highlighted
Lenovo Employee
Views: 872
Message 4 of 8

Hi Monika, your welcome. Yes, it has recently changed. The part does show on the Summary page, or at least it should. 

Could you let me know which model you are configuring? 

I believe we've asked for a message to alert the user that the kit was added, but I need to see where that request is at. Cheers. 

MonikaE
Paper Tape
Views: 856
Message 5 of 8

Hi Bill, I am configuring model 7Y45A010EA, which is our promotional model. 
I haven't seen any messages or the part on the summary list.

Regards

Monika

Lenovo Employee
Views: 854
Message 6 of 8

Hi Monika, when I add the HW RAID card I get the cable auto-added, as you indicated, plus I see it on the Summary page, see following screen shot. 

I am sure we asked for a message to alert the user to this, but I need to see where that request is. 

SR250 HW RAID.JPG

MonikaE
Paper Tape
Views: 852
Message 7 of 8

I have seen it now. But I tend to look at the configuration tree, while I am doing a configuration and it is not visible there. It would be helpful, if one could see it there as well.

Lenovo Employee AnnaSong
Lenovo Employee
Views: 758
Message 8 of 8

Hello Monika, Nice to e-meet you. This is Anna from DCSC IT team. 

Configuration tree aims to provide the real-time selection view but not including derived part (or auto added part) like the cable. 

We recently updated a function on Customize page  - View detail.

We have added more info into this View detail pop up window. If you don't want to go to summary page to check your configuration, you could directly click on View detail link under Configuration Tree.

We are able to see those part which is auto-added. 

Viewdetail on customizepage.png

Not sure if this will help you or not. Please feel free to let us know if there is any question or feedback. 

Regards,

Anna

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals