Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dvogelg
Punch Card
Views: 573
Message 1 of 10

de/dm sizing / configuratons

Good morning, is anywhere of the best tool to use when sizing for storage for a configuration?  I understand that there is the DCSC and also the Lenovo sizing tool, but when i get a request for a 2.2 Petabytes solution what would be your first answer?  

If we had something that can calculate the total amount of storage that is needed, how many drives and what type of drives / caching I am sure that would make it easier to get a solution. 

If anyone has a suggestion please let me know.

dvogelg
Punch Card
Views: 569
Message 2 of 10

Re: de/dm sizing / configuratons

Maybe this could be an enhancement within DCSC., if we could be the total capacity needed and also the percentage of drives spinning or flash.?

What are your thought?

cterek
WWAN
Views: 545
Message 3 of 10

Re: de/dm sizing / configuratons

DE4000H Up to 2.3 PB (192x 12 TB LFF HDDs)
DE6000H Base configuration: Up to 2.88 PB (240x 12 TB SAS HDDs), with FoD (license) upgrade: Up to 5.76 PB (480x 12 TB SAS HDDs)
DM7000H Up to 4.8 PB (480x 10 TB LFF HDDs)

Short of capacity requirement, what is the performance requirement?

dvogelg
Punch Card
Views: 542
Message 4 of 10

Re: de/dm sizing / configurations

Maybe this could be an enhancement within DCSC., if we could be the total capacity needed and also the percentage of drives spinning or flash.?

What are your thoughts?

Lenovo Employee bill_luken
Lenovo Employee
Views: 521
Message 5 of 10

Hello David, yes this is a good thought. Unfortunately the DCSC cannot do sizings and like most product configurators, relies on the user to know what is best for their solution. As you say, there are sizing tools and product guides to help with buiding skills and configurations. The DCSC is designed to help build configurations, while keeping you in check with what is supported and tested. Have you tried the LSST, Lenovo Strorage Sizing Tool? You can find it on LPN.

I sent an email to my Storage Product Marketing team contacts for their input and feedback on your questions. When I get a response I will update this posting.

Cheers, Bill.

Highlighted
dvogelg
Punch Card
Views: 513
Message 6 of 10

Much appreciated,

thanks Bill !
Lenovo Employee
Views: 498
Message 7 of 10

Your Welcome David. Here are the guides for DM Sizer, see attachments. I am still trying to find something on DE. Cheers.

Lenovo Employee
Views: 497
Message 8 of 10

Looks like I can only post a single file with a reply...so here is the other one.

cterek
WWAN
Views: 489
Message 9 of 10

The DE sizing tool/calculator can be downloaded from the support website, direct link is here:

https://datacentersupport.lenovo.com/ca/en/products/storage/lenovo-storage/thinksystem-de2000h/7y71/...

You need to create a login in order to download it.

Lenovo Employee
Views: 470
Message 10 of 10

Thank-you Cristian. It would be the same ID/PW as you use here for the forum. Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals