Options

0 Posts

01-31-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 1 of 29

Alarm randomly stops sounding until unit has power cycled.

2020-01-31, 12:20 PM

Hi I've got a problem with my clock and twice now I've been almost late to work because it does not sound an alarm.  

It says the alarm is sounding ( I can see the little graphic on the screen), but no sound.  

While in the no alarm state, I can use the google assistant and set an alarm and I hear her voice confirm setting the alarm.

And.... No alarm sounds.  I can still see the graphic on the screen saying the alarm is going off.... but no sound.

It stays at this state until I cycle power.  

Presently it has been doing this about once a week (twice now) after working flawlessly for 2 months.  

Anybody else seeing this unwanted anomaly?

Options

3371 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1146 Signins

36108 Page Views

• Views: 36108
  • Message 2 of 29

Re: Alarm randomly stops sounding until unit has power cycled.

2020-02-03, 14:08 PM

Hi ,

Have you tried performing a factory reset on your device? I would also double check your settings of the alarm volume in the Google Home app:

https://support.google.com/googlenest/answer/7071598?hl=en

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

EN: Welcome to the Community! Did you participate in our forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Czy wypełniłeś już naszą ankietę? Powiedz nam co lubisz na naszym forum, a gdzie możemy się poprawić. Chętnie czytamy Wasze komentarze!

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Forum anketimize katıldınız mı? Lütfen forumumuz hakkında neleri beğendiğinizi ve neleri geliştirebileceğimizi bize bildirin. Yorumlarınızı okumayı seviyoruz!
_

Options

2 Posts

02-04-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 3 of 29

2020-02-04, 18:39 PM

I am experiencing the same issue. Alarm goes off but there is no sound whatsoever. The Lenovo Smart Clock screen shows that the alarm is sounding (I have the Stop or Snooze option) BUT there is no sound.

YES I have verified the sound settings on the Device. Device is set to 4, Alarm is set to 8

It seems to occur on a Recurring Alarm more often than a 1 time alarm. Example my recurring Monday-Friday alarm seems to be affected
If I set a one-time alarm is seems to go off with Sound.

I factory reset the device twice now and same issue perists.

This is becoming unnaceptable since the name ALARM CLOCK is in the product name. I'm ok that this device has limited features such as not being able to play youtube videos or see your smart lights, plugs with an on-screen display (even though you can ask to show my Living rooms lights and a slider will appear). However it is unnaceptable that i cannto rely on this device to work as a Day to Day alarm clock. 

Each time the alarm goes off with NO SOUND occurs, I send a feedback by saying "OK Google, Send Feedback"
I includ Screenshots
I say "Alarm goes off but there is no sound"
I do this each day but no change yet.

Is this the proper way to notify Lenovo of this issue?

Is there a batter way to flag this error?

When do you expect a fix to Roll out for this issue? 

Device Specs
Device Name: Smart Clock

Version: 6.27.9+Prod.1.1.0.5961405

Serial #: HA11Q363

Options

3371 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1146 Signins

36108 Page Views

• Message 4 of 29

2020-02-05, 15:11 PM

Hi ,

Thanks for completing these troubleshooting steps. Does the issue stop for you after a power cycle?

does the issue occur more in case of recurring alarms or with one-time alarms as well?

I'm going to check with my colleagues and let you know as soon as I have some more information about this issue. Meanwhile, please submit feedback using #Alarm Goes Off No Sound.

Best regards,

Ala

EN: Welcome to the Community! Did you participate in our forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Czy wypełniłeś już naszą ankietę? Powiedz nam co lubisz na naszym forum, a gdzie możemy się poprawić. Chętnie czytamy Wasze komentarze!

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Forum anketimize katıldınız mı? Lütfen forumumuz hakkında neleri beğendiğinizi ve neleri geliştirebileceğimizi bize bildirin. Yorumlarınızı okumayı seviyoruz!
_

Options

0 Posts

01-31-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 5 of 29

2020-02-05, 15:18 PM

The fault is observed on a re occuring alarm with a custom lower volume setting.  The volume is set to 5, the alarm is set for 4:10am Monday through Thursday.

Options

0 Posts

01-31-2020

US

0 Signins

0 Page Views

• Message 6 of 29

2020-02-05, 15:21 PM

While in this state of no alarm on a reoccurring alarm and before I cycle power, no alarms will sound.  Not even a single alarm will work.  After a power cycle the alarm will work again.  I wonder if it is tied to the custom volume setting not being set correctly? 

Options

2 Posts

02-04-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 7 of 29

2020-02-11, 16:47 PM

The issue still persist after a Power Cycle.

When the alarm goes off, the screen shows the 2 options: Stop or Snooze

If I hit STOP, it returns to the main screen and everything seems to run normally.

However when the #Alarm Goes Off No Sound, I say "Hey google Send Feedback". the Assistant spins as though its trying to talk to me, but I hear Zero Audio.
So it really feels as though the system is Muted once the alarm is triggered.
But once a Stop or cancel the alarm it returns to normal. 

Its almost as if the recurring alarm will work the first day you set it, but will fail all following days.
Then my recurring alarm is not set to go off on thr weekend. 
This Monday my recurring Alarm worked (Sound included) BUT did not work on Tuesday.

Is there a return policy? I love the product but have lost faith in it's reliability. Im forced to set up a secondary alarm as a backup. 

Options

3371 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1146 Signins

36108 Page Views

• Message 8 of 29

2020-02-12, 9:24 AM

Hi ,

If it is not possible to send feedback exactly when the issue occurs, please send it after hitting "Stop" on the Clock (as I understand it works normally then). 

If you want to return the device, the best course of action would be contacting our service or the vendor you purchased the device from. Return policies may vary between different countries and even vendors.

Best regards,

Ala

_

Options

1 Posts

05-12-2020

US

2 Signins

5 Page Views

• Message 9 of 29

Re:Alarm randomly stops sounding until unit has power cycled.

2020-05-12, 3:36 AM
Yes I’ve had this happen to me a few times. I’ve done a factory reset and works well for a few weeks. Back to not sounding the alarm.
Options

1 Posts

06-04-2020

US

2 Signins

10 Page Views

• Views: 10
  • Message 10 of 29

Re:Alarm randomly stops sounding until unit has power cycled.

2020-06-04, 9:55 AM
Lately, my routine alarms have become unreliable. Sometimes they sound, sometimes not. I do not get a visual that they are sounding and I don't hear them. They just don't get triggered ☹️. I will try a factory reset, but wanted to post so that Lenovo is aware this is happening. An alarm clock without a reliable alarm is, at best, frustrating.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete