10-02-2020

DK

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Views: 40
  • Message 1 of 13

Double-tapping to dismiss alarm doesn't work

2020-10-09, 8:17 AM

Hi there. I got a Lenovo Smart Clock recently, but have noticed that a feature I read it had, is missing.

Before getting the device, I read in multiple places that double-tapping the device dismisses (not snoozes) the alarm, but I haven't been able to get this working.

Every time I try with different strength taps, different interval between taps, it always just ends up snoozing the alarm instead.

I have -7.5 vision, so I am unable to see the screen in the morning before putting on my glasses, so being able to dismiss the alarm without having to touch a certain part of the screen is a must for me.

So I really hope this is just a bug that can be solved.

Regards, Adam.

Solved! See the solution
Options

3427 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1149 Signins

36398 Page Views

• Views: 36398
  • Message 2 of 13

Re:Double-tapping to dismiss alarm doesn't work

2020-10-12, 15:01 PM

Hi @MrAdam,

Welcome to the Community!

Double-tap doesn't seem to work on my Clock too, but I think I found a work-around. After tapping the Clock twice, when it snoozes, tap it once more. My alarm stops then.

Please, let me know if this helps :)

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

EN: Welcome to the Community! Did you participate in our forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Czy wypełniłeś już naszą ankietę? Powiedz nam co lubisz na naszym forum, a gdzie możemy się poprawić. Chętnie czytamy Wasze komentarze!

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Forum anketimize katıldınız mı? Lütfen forumumuz hakkında neleri beğendiğinizi ve neleri geliştirebileceğimizi bize bildirin. Yorumlarınızı okumayı seviyoruz!
_

Options

76 Posts

07-15-2020

US

49 Signins

315 Page Views

• Views: 315
  • Message 3 of 13

2020-10-13, 11:12 AM

It was helpful for me

Options

8 Posts

10-02-2020

DK

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 4 of 13

2020-10-13, 18:58 PM

Thanks Ala.

I tried doing that this morning, but I didn't have any luck.

Is there any chance that this could be filed as a bug report, and maybe fixed?

Regards, Adam.

Options

3427 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1149 Signins

36398 Page Views

• Message 5 of 13

2020-10-14, 11:13 AM

Hi @MrAdam,

I just tried this again and it turns out that to dismiss the alarm you need to tap the big onscreen button saying Waking you up in... Tapping other parts of the screen won't turn off the alarm. The button is located in the lower part of the screen and it's hard to miss.

I could escalate this behaviour to Google, but I'm pretty sure that it would be treated as a feature request rather than a bug and therefore it would receive a low priority...

Best regards,

Ala

EN: Welcome to the Community! Did you participate in our forum survey? Please, let us know what you like about our forum and what we can improve. We listen to your feedback!

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Czy wypełniłeś już naszą ankietę? Powiedz nam co lubisz na naszym forum, a gdzie możemy się poprawić. Chętnie czytamy Wasze komentarze!

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Forum anketimize katıldınız mı? Lütfen forumumuz hakkında neleri beğendiğinizi ve neleri geliştirebileceğimizi bize bildirin. Yorumlarınızı okumayı seviyoruz!
_

Options

8 Posts

10-02-2020

DK

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 6 of 13

2020-10-14, 11:46 AM

As I mentioned in my original post, I read in multiple places that double-tapping the device dismisses (not snoozes) the alarm before getting the device.

This shouldn't be a feature request if it is a feature that used to be there, but isn't now - that's a degradation.

I found a few samples of places where the functionality is mentioned:

1. https://www.neowin.net/news/lenovo-smart-clock-with-the-google-assistant-review-a-clock-you-can-talk-to/
    • "If you want to dismiss your alarm, you just tap the top of the Smart Clock. You can also set it so that the tap means to snooze or to stop the alarm completely."
  2. https://support.google.com/assistant/thread/24173615?hl=en
    • Reply by Google Employee: "Snooze / dismiss alarm by tapping on the device"
  3. https://support.google.com/assistant/thread/10079052?hl=en
    • Another Google Emplyee: "You can change your settings in order to dismiss the alarm with a hard tap instead of snoozing it."
  4. https://www.reddit.com/r/googlehome/comments/bscdc4/got_a_lenovo_smart_clock_ama/
    • A question by me a year ago, answered by a Lenovo Smart Clock owner: "You can double tap the top to dismiss alarm."

So, seems to me like the feature or setting disappeared, or maybe I can't find where the setting is located? I wouldn't mind being able to disable snoozing completely.

Options

3427 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1149 Signins

36398 Page Views

• Message 7 of 13

2020-10-14, 14:45 PM

Hi @MrAdam,

The hard tap you are referring to in your post refers to a single tap on the top of the Clock with your hand. I just tried it on my device and it works fine. Just tap the top of the Clock (not its display) when the alarm goes off and it should be stopped.

Best regards,

Ala

_

Options

8 Posts

10-02-2020

DK

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 8 of 13

2020-10-15, 8:13 AM

I did that, but it only snoozes the alarm.

The sources I mentioned all say that you can stop - not snooze - the alarm without touching the screen. I am however not able to get that to work.

Also, the "setting" that they mention for changing the tapping behaviour, I can't seem to find that anywhere.

Regards, Adam.

Options

3427 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1149 Signins

36398 Page Views

• Message 9 of 13

2020-10-15, 12:17 PM

Hi @MrAdam,

I tried it multiple times and a single tap on the top of the clock stopped the alarm every time for me. I also tried to find the setting for the hard tap, but I didn't find it as well. I will contact Google about this.

In the meantime, I suggest performing a factory reset on your Clock and reinstalling Google Home app on your phone. Stopping the alarm is a default function of the hard tap, so I believe that's what it will do after resetting the Clock and reinstalling Google Home app.

Best regards,

Ala

_

Options

8 Posts

10-02-2020

DK

7 Signins

40 Page Views

• Message 10 of 13

2020-10-19, 9:03 AM

Hi again.

I just tried performing a factory reset on my Clock and reinstalling the Google Home app on my phone.

Afterwards, telling it to "set an alarm in one minute" and doing a hard tap on top when it goes off, just makes it snooze.

I tried another time with a double tap, and another where I followed up with a new tap after it started snoozing, but it didn't have any other effect.

I hope Google can fix this issue.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete