06-29-2020

BE

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Views: 25
  • Message 1 of 5

Laptop does not recognize Lenovo Smart Display 7 for casting

2020-06-29, 7:28 AM

My Laptop does not find my new Smart Display 7 in Chrome to cast chrome tabs or desktop to
Both devices are connected with the same WIFI network and use the same Google account.

I would like to be able to cast my laptop screen (chrome tab) to the smart display as is advertised with the 'Chromecast buit-in' on the Smart Display.

Thanks for your support!

Options

10 Posts

06-19-2020

GB

16 Signins

190 Page Views

• Views: 190
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Laptop does not recognize Lenovo Smart Display 7 for casting

2020-06-29, 19:40 PM
@HansiPansi - Hi, you cannot cast video to the smart clock. The “chromecast built in” feature is meaning you can cast videos FROM the Brice to a TV, by using a voice command in Google Assistant. From the website, “You can also cast videos to your smart TV and music around your home through Chromecast. All you have to do is say the word.” Darren
Options

2 Posts

06-29-2020

BE

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2020-06-30, 7:26 AM

thanks @Dumbwitness for your feedback...
But my device is - as described in the subject - not a clock, but a smart display

Casting form my android smartphone to the smart display works (except for Netflix, but that's due to Netflix apparently):

• it works for youtube
  • it works for Google Play Music/YoutubeMusic
  • it works for the phone cast feature

if it's possible to cast from my phone to the smart display, I would expect this also to work from my laptop, it's the same feature...

I hope Lenovo can clear this out...

Options

1837 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1052 Signins

28743 Page Views

• Views: 28743
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-07-01, 13:16 PM

Hi @HansiPansi,

Welcome to the Community!

I tried it on my device and I think that the problem is not about casting from a laptop, but casting a Google tab. I tried casting a YouTube video from my laptop and it worked flawlessly. Smart Display's screen is not big enough to comfortably view websites on it. It might be a reason why it doesn't work.

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe   Moto English

Please do not ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Proszę nie zadawać mi pytań przez wiadomości prywatne, publikując pytanie na forum masz większe szanse na otrzymanie odpowiedzi, a być może pomożesz również komuś, kto ma podobny problem.

Lütfen, sorularınızı bana kişisel mesajlarıyla göndermeyın, sorunuzu foruma yazınca cevabınızı daha hızlı alacaksınız, ayrıca aynı sorunu yaşayan diğer kullanıcılara yardımcı olabilirsiniz.

Options

2 Posts

06-29-2020

BE

3 Signins

25 Page Views

• Message 5 of 5

2020-07-01, 13:49 PM

Hi @Ala_Lenovo 

Thanks for reaching out!

Indeed: casting youtube chrome tab does work from my laptop... but it doesn't make sense that this is the only site supported:

• casting photos's or presentations should be supported
  • casting meetings should be supported (duo is supported, why not Google Meet or any other platform through casting)?

by the way: when exploring recipe's on the smart display it's possible to click any website link provided... so technically it is possible to do so (as it is proven already)

I hope Lenovo does the necessary in coming updates to support this simple request; because otherwise the 'chrome built-in' feature advertised should be removed

Anyway: thanks again for the insight!

Kind regards,

Hans

by the way: play.google.com/music also works, but music.youtube.com at the other hand doesn't :-/

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete