Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart HomeLenovo Smart Display & Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant
All Forum Topics
Options

15 Posts

04-14-2021

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland

13 Signins

80 Page Views

• Location: United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
  • Views: 80
  • Message 121 of 164

Re:Latest Firmware Update Causing Screen Freezes on Smart Hub 7/10? Or something more?

2021-09-06, 12:15 PM

Are you honestly serious? It's 5 months since this was first posted and you're asking again for more data from us? What are you guys doing?

I'll repeat what I've said (and other community members have) - this is a firmware issue that started to occur after the March update. We've explained before that the screen freezes shortly after powering on (often a matter of minutes, sometimes a couple of hours) and you are unable to interact with the the device. The device gets rebooted, it works fine and then it freezes again.

• What is the MTM number of your model (how to identify the MTM number)?
    • S/N ********
    • P/N ZA3R0007GB
  • What is the current firmware version of your model?
    • Software version 39.13.10.378463310
    • Cast Firmware Version: 1.54.258206
  • Could you share some photos or videos illustrating the problem?
    •  
  • If you sent your device to our service because of this issue, could you please share the service case number or the device's serial number a private message to me (do not share serial numbers on the forum)?
    • No.

I have another device, exactly the same, with exactly the same issue. If you want the numbers for that please let me know. If you'd like to contact me privately and arrange for my device to be returned direct to your technical team for inspection then by all means, please do so. I'd like it back, fixed, please.

Options

14 Posts

07-15-2021

United States of America

19 Signins

45 Page Views

• Views: 45
  • Message 122 of 164

Re:Latest Firmware Update Causing Screen Freezes on Smart Hub 7/10? Or something more?

2021-09-06, 13:21 PM

My label at bottom of unit has worn off so I don't have sn. I do see Mt appears To be za3n. Software and firmware are the same as the last guy..

• Software version 39.13.10.378463310
  • Cast Firmware Version: 1.54.258206

A pic would be pretty boring, is the clock on the screen. Or right now mine is the software version screen. I only have about 10 seconds after the spinning balls clear before mine hangs. If there is some other screen to get the sn and pn please give me explicit instructions.  I power cycled three times but couldn't find it in my little time window. 

Also the link you shared for finding sn and mt was wrong. Don't you think it would be good to give use the exact link for the smart display instead of us searching through all of lenovo?

Options

12 Posts

06-26-2021

France

12 Signins

55 Page Views

• Views: 55
  • Message 123 of 164

2021-09-06, 15:02 PM

The device freez more rapidely when no video stream , when you cut the stream , it freez to black screen but if you re-stream , only sound will be cast , almost 6 month and no progress ... I'm borring , you ask for picture but numbers of user describe the same bug so try to back on february firmware just to see what happend 

Finaly , when you reboot your device (unplugged power) , you can stream video for a couple of hour but when you cut ... Black screen . I think voice command still work . 

Options

40 Posts

04-28-2021

Viet Nam

62 Signins

390 Page Views

• Views: 390
  • Message 124 of 164

2021-09-06, 15:12 PM
What a laughing stock..You are now asking what the problem is again. Clearly, NO ATTENTION PAID to our complaints. The technical team - they should at least have a device to work on, shouldn't they?? Or are they not working at Lenovo??
Options

9 Posts

10-29-2018

China

30 Signins

195 Page Views

• Views: 195
  • Message 125 of 164

2021-09-16, 8:35 AM

We got high attention from Google now.  They are working on the issues. So as to further investigate, we would need some log files from you encountering this issue. 

Can you provide the log via the device by following these instructions: 

Option 1:

Submit feedback with your voice

1. Say "Hey Google send feedback."
    • Your Google Assistant will ask "What do we need to fix?"
  2. Say your feedback.

Options 2:

Submit feedback in Settings

1. Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
  2. At the bottom right of the screen, tap Settings   Send feedback.
    • Your Google Assistant will ask "OK, what needs to be improved?"
  3. Say your feedback. You can include a screenshot.
  4. Tap Send.
  • Swipe up from the bottom of the screen.
  • At the bottom right of the screen, tap Settings Send feedback.
    • Your Google Assistant will ask "OK, what needs to be improved?"
  • Say your feedback. You can include a screenshot.
  • Tap Send.

Options

3 Posts

09-18-2021

Australia

5 Signins

20 Page Views

• Views: 20
  • Message 126 of 164

2021-09-18, 13:03 PM

This is unbelievable! You guys are a joke. It's been 4 months, this issue sounds like a major one with so many people affected, and there is yet not sight of a resolution? I am one of the unlucky ones with the same issue. Mine, I believe started happening around the same time this tread was created, but life was quite busy at that time and I couldn't afford to chase this issue, hence stopped using my Lenovo 10 inch smart display altogether. Now that I've got some time to look into this, I can now see so many people are affected with the exact same issue, so its clearly to do with the firmware, but there is still no fix yet? This is completely unacceptable. What is the next step from here? My device is already out of warranty.  But because this is an issue introduced by your update, can I still send it for repair, without needing to pay from my pocket? Can you please provide an ETA when we can expect a fix, or else another option to send the device back to your service to get it looked into and fixed. Otherwise this is a plain ripoff if you guys are just stilling on top of it doing nothing. People's devices have been bricked/ practically unusable for 4 months now and you guys have no clue yet... amazing! 

Options

5616 Posts

01-10-2019

Slovakia

1381 Signins

50044 Page Views

• Views: 50044
  • Message 127 of 164

2021-09-20, 11:19 AM

I'm sorry for the delay, but in a situation when we can't reproduce the problem on our devices, only sending logs and crash reports can help Lenovo and Google understand this issue and provide a solution for you. Below you can find an instruction how to enable sending crash reports from your device directly to Google. After enabling this option the crash reports will be sent automatically.

In case you can't share feedback directly from your devices due to the screen freezes, below there are some instructions on sharing logs using the Google Home app.

We will inform you of any progress on this issue as soon as we will have any further information.

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

EN: Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!
Looking for information about Lenovo products?

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Jeśli ktoś Ci dzisiaj pomógł, kliknij kciuk w górę lub zaakceptuj rozwiązanie!
Szukasz informacji o produktach Lenovo?

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Bugün birisi size yardım ettiyse Beğen’e basın veya bir çözümü kabul edin!
Lenovo ürünleri hakkında bilgi mi arıyorsunuz?
_

Options

15 Posts

04-14-2021

13 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 128 of 164

2021-09-20, 12:35 PM

they're turned on for one of my devices. 

I have offered for you to collect my device for troubleshooting purposes, but this has been ignored. 

It does look like this has now got into the IT press: 

https://www.theregister.com/2021/09/10/lenovo_smart_display_complaints/

Options

15 Posts

04-14-2021

13 Signins

80 Page Views

• Message 129 of 164

2021-09-20, 12:37 PM

and here: 

https://9to5google.com/2021/09/08/software-issues-plague-some-lenovo-smart-displays-google-investigating/ 

Options

40 Posts

04-28-2021

Viet Nam

62 Signins

390 Page Views

• Views: 390
  • Message 130 of 164

2021-09-21, 7:41 AM
Thanks a lot for the media coverage. Somehow I wish there is dislike button for Lenovo support staff too, lol.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms

Most Liked Authors

(Last 7 days)