Options

103 Posts

03-14-2019

US

266 Signins

967 Page Views

• Views: 967
  • Message 1 of 4

Lenovo smart display goes into downtime/night mode and won't come out of it.

2019-03-16, 13:06 PM

Woke up this morning with the Google Assistant being in downtime. Or what I think is downtime

All it had was a clock on this display, and it was dimly lit. Everytime II said ok Google it would come out of it for a few seconds then go back into it. Even tapping the screen did the same thing. I messed around with it for a while and it wouldnt go back to the regular screen that was on it before I went to bed. I did have downtime enabled and also night mode. Didn't know there was a problem going on. I've noticed many others talking about the black display and not coming on and I'm getting worried. This is happened several times now, I know Google is working on a fix on controlling other devices and streaming Chromecast. Anybody else having this issue? The manufacturing day is October 25th 2018. Looking for suggestions, I had to do a factory reset and yes it's back to normal now but am I going to go back to bed and wake up with it doing the same thing. Think it has something to do with the ambient light sensor which was shut off but like I said downtime was enabled in ambient mode and also night mode. No matter what I do it would go back to sleep and be dimly lit with only the clock on it. Usually it has a Google pictures and the screen is bright.

Options

7 Posts

12-28-2018

GB

82 Signins

442 Page Views

• Views: 442
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo smart display goes into downtime/night mode and won't come out of it.

2019-03-20, 19:17 PM

Same with one of my Displays.

I have four and three of them come out of night mode with no problem at all but the one in my kitchen just stays on the night mode clock even when its bright and sunny outside. Factory re-setting doesnt seem to work either. 

Options

103 Posts

03-14-2019

US

266 Signins

967 Page Views

• Views: 967
  • Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo smart display goes into downtime/night mode and won't come out of it.

2019-03-21, 1:11 AM
Yes others are talking about the same thing on here. I guess it could be all about manufacturing date and that has some faulty hardware inside. Not sure for certain oh, but I know there's a bug going around and the new Google home update to do with security that stops Chromecast from working and many other bugs. They're talking about it all over the place from here to Google forums and even Reddit. So go figure!

Mine seems to be coming out of them now, so even if it does go into the sleep screen saver mode with a clock very dim it comes out of it when I say hey Google. I end up factory resetting and instead of allowing the preview program I shut it off. Anyways I'm going to live with it because of the $99 I paid for it an added the 2-year warranty for 8 bucks. So $116 couldn't be beat.... Eventually they'll fix it with a update.. guess they have their hands full with the bugs in the last update that broke Chromecast through a security flaw. I've been in contact with Google support for the last 3 weeks and them trying to work on a resolution
Options

1 Posts

06-25-2020

US

1 Signins

0 Page Views

• Views: 0
  • Message 4 of 4

Re:Lenovo smart display goes into downtime/night mode and won't come out of it.

2020-06-25, 18:57 PM
For the past couple of weeks our Smart Display has been stuck in what I think is downtime and I can't get it out. I have looked in settings in the Google Home app for the device and nothing seems to work. It will stay dim with the clock displayed only to wake up when prompted. After it is through a couple of seconds later it will go back to the dim clock. I have performed a factory reset of the device and that didn't change anything. Please help! We miss seeing our family pictures.
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete