06-23-2020

US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 1 of 5

Nest Cam Streaming Lag

2020-06-23, 8:16 AM

When I stream one of my Nest Cams through the smart clock, it'll show the live stream for about a few minutes, but then, it begins to lag. Let's say I am streaming 10 minutes of Nest Cam...on the Nest app, at the 10 minute mark, it's still streaming live. For this smart clock, it's streaming the video at the 5 minute mark (for instance). It still looks live because the audio/visual is changing, but its of the live stream from 5 minutes prior. Sometimes, there's even a much longer lag/delay. It looks like others have posted similar issues back in 2019. Why has there not been any fix to this? The clock is useless to me as my primary reason for buying it is to stream the Nest cam. Please help.

Options

1837 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1052 Signins

28743 Page Views

• Views: 28743
  • Message 2 of 5

Re:Nest Cam Streaming Lag

2020-06-24, 11:54 AM

Hi @ykawai19,

Welcome to the Community!

Have you tried performing a factory reset on the Clock? Does it change anything?

You mentioned that you have seen similar reports from other users. Could you please provide some links? If I will see that there is more users experiencing the same issue I could escalate this issue to Google.

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe   Moto English

Please do not ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Proszę nie zadawać mi pytań przez wiadomości prywatne, publikując pytanie na forum masz większe szanse na otrzymanie odpowiedzi, a być może pomożesz również komuś, kto ma podobny problem.

Lütfen, sorularınızı bana kişisel mesajlarıyla göndermeyın, sorunuzu foruma yazınca cevabınızı daha hızlı alacaksınız, ayrıca aynı sorunu yaşayan diğer kullanıcılara yardımcı olabilirsiniz.

Options

1 Posts

06-23-2020

US

3 Signins

15 Page Views

• Views: 15
  • Message 3 of 5

2020-06-24, 16:09 PM

Hi Ala, yes, I have tried resetting the Clock as well as reconnecting the camera to the google home app. Here is the link describing similar events:

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Smart-Display-Lenovo/Nest-Cam-Streaming-on-Smart-Clock/m-p/4510239

What is my return policy for a defective device? Will I need to pay for return shipping? Again, if the problem is not fixed, this gadget is not useful to me as I purchased this for the sole reason of streaming the nest cam. Thanks.

Also on reddit, describing the same issue:

https://www.reddit.com/r/googlehome/comments/c1oien/lenovo_smart_display_nest_camera_lag/

Options

1837 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1052 Signins

28743 Page Views

• Views: 28743
  • Message 4 of 5

2020-06-25, 14:25 PM

Hi @ykawai19,

I escalated this issue to Google, I hope they will file a bug report for this. I will update you how it goes. Could you please specify what is your firmware version?

If the device was bought recently, to return it it's best to contact the vendor. If the vendor you bought the device from won't be able to help you, please contact us using this website:

https://smartsupport.lenovo.com/us/en

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe   Moto English

Please do not ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Proszę nie zadawać mi pytań przez wiadomości prywatne, publikując pytanie na forum masz większe szanse na otrzymanie odpowiedzi, a być może pomożesz również komuś, kto ma podobny problem.

Lütfen, sorularınızı bana kişisel mesajlarıyla göndermeyın, sorunuzu foruma yazınca cevabınızı daha hızlı alacaksınız, ayrıca aynı sorunu yaşayan diğer kullanıcılara yardımcı olabilirsiniz.

Options

1 Posts

07-09-2020

CA

1 Signins

5 Page Views

• Views: 5
  • Message 5 of 5

2020-07-09, 5:02 AM
I am having the same issue and found another post on Googlehome sub reddit from a year ago about the same issue https://www.reddit.com/r/googlehome/comments/c1oien
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete