09-27-2019

US

1 Signins

16 Page Views

• Views: 16
  • Message 31 of 81

Re: Non stop update reboot loop

2019-09-27, 22:26 PM

I am still experiencing this problem. The trick with teset and skipping Duo did not work either. How do I get the rolled back firmware?

Options

2 Posts

09-27-2019

US

3 Signins

76 Page Views

• Views: 76
  • Message 32 of 81

2019-09-27, 23:50 PM

Also experiencing this on a machine recieved today.    

Thanks for the advice about Google and #UpdateLoop.  I posted there first since it sure seemed to be contained in the operating system.   They were about as useful as a brick - especially frustrating since their Google Assistant advertising features the Smart Display pretty prominently.    I will repost my question with #updateloop.    

Seems reasonable to me that we would only experience this on new machines - if you factory reset to a system that was already functioning, it would take you back to the last usable configuration, rather than an initiation scenario.   Unless Google has given Lenovo a back-door to access firmware during the initiation process, I say this is squarely on Google. 

I'm going to guess that options selected during config don't affect this issue, with the exception of possibly the room assignment.    The update gets pulled as soon as the device gets connected to wifi - at which point, you've only selected the room.   I took no action during one look after selecting wifi, and the device went right into the the loop.   

FTR, tried two different wifi networks (different  ghz), and  a couple of variations on config ('Living Room' and 'Kitchen' for rooms, but always nature for background, no duo), but I think that I'm going to hang out waiting for a resolution - being required to choose certain options at seems like something they should expect to fix. 

Options

1 Posts

09-27-2019

US

2 Signins

60 Page Views

• Views: 60
  • Message 33 of 81

2019-09-28, 0:06 AM

Lenovo Support - Any resolution planned for this issue?  Received today and repeatedly looped the update at 45%.  Seems I'm not the only one.  Tried all of the suggestions - reset, different wifi, rebooted router, different room assignment, no Duo, clock as default - same 45% loop.

Not worth my time, ready to ship it back after reading many good things about Lenovo's smart display.  Apparently not smart enough...I'll give it a day then back it goes.

Options

20 Posts

02-18-2015

CA

5 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 34 of 81

2019-09-28, 21:00 PM

Same problem here, initial upgrade loops from 0 to 49% Frustrating Lenovo you need to get this fixed ASAP! 

Options

3 Posts

09-28-2019

US

12 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 35 of 81

2019-09-28, 23:09 PM

I just received the smart display today. I plugged it in and tried to set it up. As soon as it connected to the internet it started updating and has been in a loop for the last couple of hours. Every time it gets to 43% it stops downloading and starts over at 0. I've done a factory reset several times with no change. I called lenovo tech support and was told to send it to a repair shop. I was also told this is a Google problem because it's a software program problem and not their fault.  Also I was the first person who called in regarding this problem. I tried disconnecting the internet on my router but the display setup refuses to go any further without it. 

Options

20 Posts

02-18-2015

CA

5 Signins

43 Page Views

• Views: 43
  • Message 36 of 81

2019-09-28, 23:19 PM

What a load of crap, Lenovo support has no idea what they talking about ?

Options

3 Posts

09-28-2019

US

12 Signins

46 Page Views

• Views: 46
  • Message 37 of 81

2019-09-29, 0:47 AM

Just talked to tech support again and they have known about this problem for a week. Google will be issuing a fix soon just need to wait it out. It will be downloaded automatically. 

Options

1 Posts

09-29-2019

US

1 Signins

30 Page Views

• Views: 30
  • Message 38 of 81

2019-09-29, 2:13 AM

I am extremely disappointed in my experience with the Lenovo smart display device. I’m relatively tech savvy And trying to get this device to function has been one of the single most frustrating experiences I’ve had with a digital device in 30 years. I purchased a unit at Walmart and brought it home only to find that the device was defective as the power cord would not engage when married to the machine. I then had to turn around And make a one hour round trip back to Walmart to exchange it for another device. I got that home and had six different types of difficulty getting it to connect to Wi-Fi. After spending more than an hour trying to figure out what glitch was preventing the connection I finally got it to connect to Wi-Fi only to find that the device has a known  update reboot loop issue that apparently Lenovo is aware of. I spent another two hours trying various resets to get past that to absolutely no avail. It is incredibly unacceptable to me that in this day and age a plug-and-play off-the-shelf device would have these many problems And that Lenovo having been made aware of the problem Hasn’t been able to put technical resources into getting an update pushed out to the machines to fix the problem without delay. So I will be returning this unit on Monday morning which will mean two defective units coming back to you as a return, I will be going on my social media accounts to warn people away from this device and I will almost likely never buy another lenovo Product again. Between the time that I’ve spent running back-and-forth to the store and trying to fix these problems here at home and the time it will take me to go back on Monday to return this device and make an alternative purchase decision this is going to be eating up seven hours of my life that I will never get back. How this product get put out to the mass consumer world without these problems having been identified and corrected long before this I will never know. Nor do I care because it is now cost you a customer

Options

3 Posts

05-03-2016

US

6 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 39 of 81

2019-09-29, 4:13 AM

Same problem. Brand new unit. How did the previous posters' units magically start working? Helloooooo

Options

3 Posts

05-03-2016

US

6 Signins

71 Page Views

• Views: 71
  • Message 40 of 81

Re: Smart display stuck in update loop

2019-09-29, 4:15 AM

Miguel,

What is the fix for this?

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save