03-14-2019

US

266 Signins

967 Page Views

• Views: 967
  • Message 1 of 10

Ok google command followed by show me "device"

2020-05-16, 14:47 PM

I dunno who first showed me this command, if it was on here or then google home forum or then support rep from google but anyhow.

This command I used daily for over 2 years.   

Just a example

Ok google show me my living room display .  That would bring up the living room displays controls on whatever smart display I was on in the home.
This also worked for lights, thermostats , android tv or whatever else..  It would bring up the device and the controls .. 

Now since the last update "huge change" this feature does not work on my system with any device through any make  from lenovo,jbl,google home 
So what once worked and never had a issue says the living room display doesn't support that functionality  or sorry something went wrong and I cannot control your device..

So now they removed either functions or changed the keyword . I know now i can say show me my living room and will bring up the device that way ...   but the basic commands are gone

Options

103 Posts

03-14-2019

US

266 Signins

967 Page Views

• Message 2 of 10

Re:Ok google command followed by show me "device"

2020-05-18, 12:37 PM

Ok this is riddiclous no one cannot answer a question not even google.. 
But this was a clear feature that was there and prior to the last update.

The command  hey google show me "devices" whatever the name of it is in the room its in.

Now we got to use the command hey google,  show me the Living room and then the device is listed you can pick.
So easy for voice search huh.. you got to get up and now touch the screen and pick the device.. 

I will put up a video showing it,  but as google says there is no command show me that works.. Bullcrap I just gave it .
Now to get them to admit the issue and fix the problem .. 

So anyone can go to their device give the command show me the living room or whatever else room ..

Options

103 Posts

03-14-2019

US

266 Signins

967 Page Views

• Message 3 of 10

2020-05-18, 12:54 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DlA8oOmoSUU

Thats the video 

Options

1837 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1052 Signins

28743 Page Views

• Views: 28743
  • Message 4 of 10

2020-05-18, 13:27 PM

Hi @bobinh2otown,

Thank you for recording the video illustrating this problem. I am going to escalate this issue to Google. Since the command worked before the update, it does seem that it could be caused by it.

I will let you know once I will have a response from Google.

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe   Moto English

Please do not ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Proszę nie zadawać mi pytań przez wiadomości prywatne, publikując pytanie na forum masz większe szanse na otrzymanie odpowiedzi, a być może pomożesz również komuś, kto ma podobny problem.

Lütfen, sorularınızı bana kişisel mesajlarıyla göndermeyın, sorunuzu foruma yazınca cevabınızı daha hızlı alacaksınız, ayrıca aynı sorunu yaşayan diğer kullanıcılara yardımcı olabilirsiniz.

Options

103 Posts

03-14-2019

US

266 Signins

967 Page Views

• Message 5 of 10

2020-05-18, 13:59 PM

They told me the command does not exist.. 
But I proved right there that it does, So for them to tell me no .
I believe it was just operator error because that command was given to me a while back by google itself.

There needs to be a compiled list for the smart displays of commands, cause the one they have everyone use is for assistant powered devices and it varies.
just one example is sync all devices , its not on the list but yet its a command that can be used. I know I have given other commands in here proving the same thing.
Just like the show me the photo frame settings they finally now admit its real and give a example or shown on all devices now in the swipe settings.. 
So there is commands that are not listed that should be,  one example the photo frame settings they finally say yeah too . 

Options

1837 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1052 Signins

28743 Page Views

• Message 6 of 10

2020-05-19, 8:05 AM

Hi @bobinh2otown,

Could you please provide current firmware version of your Smart Displays?

Thank you,

Ala

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe   Moto English

Please do not ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Proszę nie zadawać mi pytań przez wiadomości prywatne, publikując pytanie na forum masz większe szanse na otrzymanie odpowiedzi, a być może pomożesz również komuś, kto ma podobny problem.

Lütfen, sorularınızı bana kişisel mesajlarıyla göndermeyın, sorunuzu foruma yazınca cevabınızı daha hızlı alacaksınız, ayrıca aynı sorunu yaşayan diğer kullanıcılara yardımcı olabilirsiniz.

Options

103 Posts

03-14-2019

US

266 Signins

967 Page Views

• Message 7 of 10

2020-05-19, 12:26 PM
The first two or ten inch displays the last one is a 8 display.
Options

1837 Posts

01-10-2019

SK

1052 Signins

28743 Page Views

• Message 8 of 10

2020-05-19, 14:23 PM

Hi @bobinh2otown,

Thank you for providing the firmware version! I received a confirmation that Google is looking into this issue already.

Best regards,

Ala

Options

103 Posts

03-14-2019

US

266 Signins

967 Page Views

• Message 9 of 10

2020-05-19, 15:21 PM

Yeah most likely that was me..  I made a huge stick about it when the rep told me it wasnt a command. I was like your company gave me it and have used it for over 2 years across all personal assistants and devices. Never a issue, they did this update and change and something happened.  Voice operated assistants should have those extra commands readily for the exact purpose . Not to touch a screen or direct input but secondary through the voice... Anyways thank you ..   Hopefully some day we get that list that varies and shows these commands that are directly for displays 

Options

103 Posts

03-14-2019

US

266 Signins

967 Page Views

• Message 10 of 10

2020-07-01, 2:09 AM
The show me command is now fixed. First time I tried it in a while a week or so and I could say it's working for sure... So when anyone's on their smart display and they want to access a device say Android TV. All they have to do is say the command to activate Google followed by show me device name. It activated a screen for Android TV, showing me my devices from lights. To my thermostat and more.....
Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete