Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart HomeLenovo Smart Display & Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant
All Forum Topics
Options

23 Posts

02-23-2018

United States of America

20 Signins

118 Page Views

• Views: 118
  • Message 1 of 5

Red Light On Right Quickly Blinking

2018-10-01, 5:22 AM

My 10" versions of the lenovo smart dispaly there started being a red led that is very quickly blinking on the right side of the display. Other than this it is not effecting anything nor is there an error I can tell. Not sure if support team is aware of what I am assuming is a bug.

To isolate the issue I have tried removing power to restart the device.

Answer
Options

3 Posts

08-07-2018

United States of America

9 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129

Re: Red Light On Right Quickly Blinking

2018-10-26, 16:57 PM

This issue definitely comes and goes for me as well. Very distracting when you are viewing the display for any length of time (ie. watching a video). 

Like mentioned earlier, it is activity from the ambient light sensor. The problem is two fold: it is waaaaaay overactive, and its light happens to be in the more visible spectrum than most other sensors out there. This same sensor tech is on your phone, yet you dont notice because the phone manufacturer went with a module that uses light that is mostly outside what humans perceive. 

There is nothing that Lenovo can do about the color of the light. That was set in stone when engeineering decided to use that module. They can however address the activity issue. 

Right now, my sensor will blink regardless if the brightness is set to "auto" or a set level. Theoretically the sensor is only active when brightness is set to auto, and is deactivated on set brightness levels. The question is if there is a way to poll this status from Google Things OS to tell the firmware to turn it on/off. Hopefully they can address it in a firmware upate, but dont hold your breath. 

Replies(4)
Options

5476 Posts

04-19-2012

Slovakia

7979 Signins

305894 Page Views

• Views: 305894
  • Message 2 of 5

2018-10-02, 11:49 AM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community,

This to me sounds like as normal behavior, that light is blinking to measure ambient lighting.

Miguel Gonzalez

EMEA Consumer Technical Trainer
Lenovo Slovakia

Options

23 Posts

02-23-2018

United States of America

20 Signins

118 Page Views

• Message 3 of 5

2018-10-04, 3:23 AM

Hi Miguel,

The issue went away on it's own. Normally when dark can not see the red blinking at all. Not sure why it was on, must have been an error in upading the lighting leve?

Options

23 Posts

02-23-2018

United States of America

20 Signins

118 Page Views

• Message 4 of 5

2018-10-04, 3:28 AM

Noticing it's still on, that's annoying, wish was on the side or somewhere not visible. Can the camera do the same thing so I can put electrical tape over it?

Answer
Options

3 Posts

08-07-2018

United States of America

9 Signins

129 Page Views

• Views: 129
  • Message 5 of 5

2018-10-26, 16:57 PM

This issue definitely comes and goes for me as well. Very distracting when you are viewing the display for any length of time (ie. watching a video). 

Like mentioned earlier, it is activity from the ambient light sensor. The problem is two fold: it is waaaaaay overactive, and its light happens to be in the more visible spectrum than most other sensors out there. This same sensor tech is on your phone, yet you dont notice because the phone manufacturer went with a module that uses light that is mostly outside what humans perceive. 

There is nothing that Lenovo can do about the color of the light. That was set in stone when engeineering decided to use that module. They can however address the activity issue. 

Right now, my sensor will blink regardless if the brightness is set to "auto" or a set level. Theoretically the sensor is only active when brightness is set to auto, and is deactivated on set brightness levels. The question is if there is a way to poll this status from Google Things OS to tell the firmware to turn it on/off. Hopefully they can address it in a firmware upate, but dont hold your breath. 

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms