Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart HomeLenovo Smart Display & Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant
All Forum Topics
Options

254 Posts

03-14-2019

United States of America

383 Signins

1697 Page Views

• Views: 1697
  • Message 1 of 8

Severe weather alerts .

2020-06-09, 14:08 PM

Well I just found the option in a reviewed 5 ways your smart speaker can help in a emergency .

1# On the list was severe weather alert notifications.. while most of the forums and googles how too say no ..this said yes.
So I gave it a try. anyone else have any experience with it working?   
Hey Google,  Talk to accuweather, and from in there it will allow notifications and alerts. 

Options

5222 Posts

01-10-2019

Slovakia

1290 Signins

47209 Page Views

• Views: 47209
  • Message 2 of 8

Re:Severe weather alerts .

2020-06-10, 8:47 AM

Hi @bobinh2otown,

I tried it on my device and it seems to work well :) 

As you said, you just need to ask Google to talk to Accuweather and then you will be guided through the process. You can learn what are the current warnings in your area or even allow automatic push notifications for severe weather conditions.

Best regards,

Ala
Polish, Turkish & Smart Home Community Lead

EN: Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!
Looking for information about Lenovo products?

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Jeśli ktoś Ci dzisiaj pomógł, kliknij kciuk w górę lub zaakceptuj rozwiązanie!
Szukasz informacji o produktach Lenovo?

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Bugün birisi size yardım ettiyse Beğen’e basın veya bir çözümü kabul edin!
Lenovo ürünleri hakkında bilgi mi arıyorsunuz?
_

Options

254 Posts

03-14-2019

United States of America

383 Signins

1697 Page Views

• Message 3 of 8

2020-06-10, 13:21 PM

We need to get a compiled list going of commands and features. People have no clue on exactly what these smart devices can do. 
Every update usually new things. New options and almost every list does not take care of them all. ..    It took me 20 minutes on my own just barking commands to get the smart display to switch the location for somewhere closer. it was going to a town 15 miles away instead of here..  Which its change location and then notifications and then severe weather alerts.   
Gonna see what commands can be used . but actually only wanted the severe weather alerts and imagine google weather will be used for everything else since you have to ask .. talk to accuweather.

Options

5222 Posts

01-10-2019

Slovakia

1290 Signins

47209 Page Views

• Message 4 of 8

2020-06-11, 9:42 AM

Hi @bobinh2otown,

Unfortunately, I also don't have a full list of commands that can be used on Smart Clock and Smart Display. The main features of the devices are described on the Google Support page, but a lot of other functionalities are for the users to discover... 

https://support.google.com/assistant/topic/7658582?hl=en&ref_topic=7658431

I don't think there is a full list of possible commands at all. New features are introduced incrementally as the AI learns new stuff...

Best regards,

Ala

EN: Welcome to the Community! If someone helped you today hit Like or accept a Solution!

PL: Witaj w Społeczności! Jeśli ktoś Ci dzisiaj pomógł, kliknij kciuk w górę lub zaakceptuj rozwiązanie!

TR: Lenovo Topluluğuna hoş geldiniz! Bugün birisi size yardım ettiyse Beğen’e basın veya bir çözümü kabul edin!
_

Options

75 Posts

11-30-2016

United States of America

146 Signins

1149 Page Views

• Views: 1149
  • Message 5 of 8

2020-06-12, 22:26 PM
I have tried it the last two days and it is not working for me. Instead Accuweather asks me to ask it a question. Have tried on my Lenovo Smart 8, Google Home Mini, and my Google Hub.
Options

5222 Posts

01-10-2019

Slovakia

1290 Signins

47209 Page Views

• Message 6 of 8

2020-06-15, 7:21 AM

Hi @dhartsock,

What happens when you use this command: Hey Google, talk to Accuweather? You should be connected to the Accuweather service and the Assistant's voice should change as you accept terms of usage, ask about alerts for your region and possibly set up notifications.

If it doesn't work straight away, try rebooting your device, maybe even performing a factory reset.

Best regards,

Ala

_

Options

75 Posts

11-30-2016

United States of America

146 Signins

1149 Page Views

• Views: 1149
  • Message 7 of 8

2020-06-15, 13:15 PM

Thanks... I will give your suggestions a try. The notifications you speak of, are they on the google home devices. I already have enough notifications on my phone. I would just like me Home devices at home and work to notify me of severe weather.

Dana

Options

254 Posts

03-14-2019

United States of America

383 Signins

1697 Page Views

• Message 8 of 8

2020-06-15, 19:44 PM

Going through accuweather it brings alerts to your smart device. So it will register when there is a severe weather in your area when you allow the notifications and settings. 
No google assistant device does this smart speakers or then displays. Yes it gives weather when asked but not that alert..     I know through some connected devices you can allow the severe weather alert through the smart device.  Not by itself though ..  Like if the wind gets 50mph turn on notifications..  Ive seen this through smart life ..  

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms