Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart HomeLenovo Smart Display & Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant
All Forum Topics
Options

3 Posts

12-26-2019

United States of America

9 Signins

101 Page Views

• Views: 101
  • Message 1 of 3

Smart Clock setup and connection issues

2019-12-26, 17:28 PM

Hello!

I'm sure this question has been asked multiple times but I can't seem to find the solution anywhere.

I recently purchased a Smart Clock and am trying to set it up.  I already have the google home app and have previously set up multiple devices successfully, including a Lenovo Smart Display about a year ago.  It works perfectly and the setup was simple. 

Using the Google Home app I have attempted multiple times to setup a new device.   I receive a " Google Assistant Smart Clock found" message and click "yes" to continue the setup.  After a few seconds of thinking I receive a message saying "Could not communicate with your Google Assistant Smart Clock".  I have tried this process dozens of times and factory reset the smart clock 5 times. I have tried connecting to my 2.4 Ghz network, 5.0 Ghz network and my Velop mesh network, all of which have produced the same result.  I have tried all of this with the smart clock sitting right next to the router.

Any guidance would be much appreciated.

Thanks!!

Answer
Options

5497 Posts

04-19-2012

Slovakia

8024 Signins

306209 Page Views

• Views: 306209

Re: Smart Clock setup and connection issues

2019-12-27, 12:53 PM

I am not sure how your mesh works but is it possible to altogether disable the 5ghz signal just for the set up process?

Miguel Gonzalez

EMEA Consumer Technical Trainer
Lenovo Slovakia

Replies(2)
Answer
Options

5497 Posts

04-19-2012

Slovakia

8024 Signins

306209 Page Views

• Views: 306209
  • Message 2 of 3

2019-12-27, 12:53 PM

I am not sure how your mesh works but is it possible to altogether disable the 5ghz signal just for the set up process?

Miguel Gonzalez

EMEA Consumer Technical Trainer
Lenovo Slovakia

0 person found this solution to be helpful.

This helped me too

Options

3 Posts

12-26-2019

United States of America

9 Signins

101 Page Views

• Views: 101
  • Message 3 of 3

2019-12-27, 16:01 PM

Thanks for the reply!  No matter what I tried I could not get the smart clock set up using my android phone.  It dawned on me that maybe I would have better success using my WIFI only iPad since there was no mobile network to switch between and interfere.  I was able to get much further in the setup process using the iPad however the clock would still fail when trying to connect to the internet.  Using the iPad and disabling the 5ghz signal on my router ultimately worked.  The clock is completely set up and connected to my mesh network even after turning the 5ghz signal back on.  Finally success!!!!!

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms