Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

Smart HomeLenovo Smart Display & Lenovo Smart Clock with Google Assistant
All Forum Topics
Options

18 Posts

02-23-2016

Bulgaria

29 Signins

182 Page Views

• Views: 182
  • Message 1 of 6

Smart speaker not working after update

2019-12-19, 15:36 PM

Just like the title says - i'm guessing a recent update turned using the speaker into a mighty annoying experience. It's detecting the hot word, starts listening but desn't register any speech input, or it pretends not to. The wavy thing is moving to no consequence! Second try - slightly better, words are actually being recognized but waaaaay off. Third try, and i'm already yelling here - it's everybody's guess if it's going to get it right or not. 

In the meantime all the lowly home minies work like a charm!

Admin Edit: Removed inappropriate language

Options

5497 Posts

04-19-2012

Slovakia

8024 Signins

306209 Page Views

• Views: 306209
  • Message 2 of 6

Re: Smart speaker not working after update

2019-12-23, 14:46 PM

Hi ,

Welcome to the Community,

First of all, please make sure to avoid language that might be deemed inappropriate for people, this in direct violations of guidelines and might lead to a temporary or permanent ban.

One thing that might be a contributing factor to a different experience is that the device is not supported officially in BG. This can create trouble, especially around certain features and support as there is none locally.

Can you please confirm what is the current version firmware you are running? Have you friend doing a factory reset?

Miguel Gonzalez

EMEA Consumer Technical Trainer
Lenovo Slovakia

Options

18 Posts

02-23-2016

Bulgaria

29 Signins

182 Page Views

• Message 3 of 6

2019-12-23, 15:16 PM

@,

Thanks for chiming in, let's see if we can have this sorted out.  As to my language, I'm sure you undesrtand it simply illustrates the degree of frustration I've been experiencing when dealing with this particular Lenovo product.

On to the details. I believe to have everything set up for US English, and don't see how local support can have anything to do with it. And once again, something that makes your point quite irrelevant is the fact that the speaker was working just fine until a week or so. Also, in the exact same setting the google home mini devices work fine just like they always have. It is clearly the Lenovo that is struggling here.

I did carry out a factory reset and it did not help at all - same thing - either it completely ignores speech input (the hotword triggers listening mode and that's about it) or gets it very, very wrong...all the effin time.

Please find attached all the sytem information.

It certainly feels that a recent update broke it. Is there a way to revert to older FW versions? It's either that or the mic sensitivity dropped dramatically - is this a HW defect that I can claim under warranty or is it strictly SW?

Thanks for your help! 

One other thing. Back in the day when this wasn't just a piece of junk I was able to follow up with a command.  Now the display would keep listening after an interaction but never, ever manages to register a follow up command anymore. What's up wtih that?

Options

18 Posts

02-23-2016

Bulgaria

29 Signins

182 Page Views

• Message 4 of 6

2019-12-23, 18:53 PM

Apparently I am experiencing the exact same ordeal as described word-for-word in this here thread. Would you please escalate again with Google?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Smart-Display-Lenovo/Lenovo-Smart-display-not-recognising-requests-Again/m-p/4453584

Options

18 Posts

02-23-2016

Bulgaria

29 Signins

182 Page Views

• Message 5 of 6

2019-12-25, 12:36 PM

Options

18 Posts

02-23-2016

Bulgaria

29 Signins

182 Page Views

• Message 6 of 6

2020-01-28, 10:44 AM

helooooooooooooooooo?>?????

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms